CHAPTER 3 ~ HE'S COLD BUT HE'S A GOOD DOCTOR

Depuis le début

"You dont need to apologize to me for anything."

"The Director's angry, isnt he?"

"Sure, but I asked him to give you a little time. I said that you've been working so hard for the past few days and must be exhausted."

"And that asking you to perform this operation with Alan puts you under extraordinary pressure. It cant be helped if you're not feeling up to the task but, its true that something happened between you and Alan right?"

"...."

"I thought so when I passed by the office earlier. You can talk to me about it, if you like."

"Way...."

But he's on the Director's side.

Explaining things would gain me sympathy but nothing else...

And he's here, following up in the Director's behalf.

This can be solved quietly.

"I appreciate your concern but I am fine. I will be fine. Dr Alan is a perfect doctor. He would never acknowledge me as a perfect doctor too. That's what was bothering me..I know I've should have explained myself properly back there,"

"Is that all?"

I nodded.

"In that case, you have nothing to worry at all. I'll explain everything to the Director."

"Thanks Way,"

Now its time to apologize to Alan.

Even if I dont agree with what he's doing.

I cant afford to be on his bad side right now.

Everything I am doing now is for my mother.

To make Tony pay for his deeds.

I must not give up.............even if I have to eat my humble pie, so be it............

"Dr Alan..."

Alan was in the office doing paperwork. He stopped to look at me.

"About what happened earlier........."

"If you mean Mr Win, I'm done talking that."

"I know. To be honest, I dont agree with the outcome. But..I shouldnt have brought those feelings into the conversation about the up operation. I am very sorry."

Alan just stare at me in the face.

"You'll do it?"

"Hmmm?"

"The operation."

"Yes, I will."

"Then look at this."

"Okay."

Alan hands me a copy of the medical chart and materials detailing the surgical procedures.

Bank Thanatip... a bigshot senator from the party that's currently out of power.

"Is the day set?"

"Its in five days."

"Five days and he has yet to be admitted to the hospital?"

"Both his admission and the procedure are to be kept secret. We dont want the media to realize anything's happing. So he'll be here the shortest time possible. He's coming in the night beofre the operation."

"So the preoperative examination is also..."

"That's right."

It would normally take about a week, so this is what people meant by 'celebrity treatment'.