A Boys Night Out

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 2 (𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎)...

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"Wait, is Ambrose alright?" Jun inquires.

Mason lets out a deep breath before responding with a mumble, "Observant, I'll give you that." He continues, "Don't worry, he's fine. He's currently dealing with an old enemy of his cousins, but he can handle it."

Jun processes the information hastily and replies, "Okay, let me change and--" Mason cuts him off. "You're already dressed." Jun looks at him perplexed until Mason clarifies, "He doesn't need your help with defeating the demon. He needs your assistance for what comes next."

"Got it... what do I need to bring?"

Mason takes a swig from a bottle of cognac, smiles with satisfaction, then licks his upper lip before replying, "Just your wallet and keys. I'll explain everything on the way there."

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

The drive to the auction house is a wild one, filled with sharp turns and sudden swerves as Jun races past slower cars. His foot presses down on the accelerator, determined to arrive at the auction in record time. The city streets blur past, neon lights reflecting off the shiny exterior of the car as the rush of wind through open windows and the hum of the engine fill the air as they race towards their destination. Beside him, Mason watches himself in the rearview mirror. His face, a mix of amusement and seduction, is on full display as his icy eyes admire his reflection.

Could he be more obsessed with himself, Jun wonders.

In a sudden movement, Mason leans back and a knife appears in his right hand, which he twirls between his fingers with casual boredom. Jun stares at him in shock. "Do you really think the knife is necessary? It's just an auction. We'll go in and out."

Mason shrugs nonchalantly. "You never know when a knife might come in handy. Whether as a threat or to follow through on one."

Jun raises an eyebrow. "And who would we be threatening?"

A lazy smile spreads across Mason's face. "Anyone who tries to interfere with our mission, of course," he gives Jun a curious look. "This is for Ambrose, after all."

"I highly doubt Ambrose would condone us threatening innocent people." Jun retorts.

Mason clicks his tongue disapprovingly. "But are they truly innocent?" His eyes darken as he studies Jun intently. "I'm sure you've done some pretty wicked things in your life."

Jun swallows nervously and quickly turns his focus to the road ahead. Crazy demon. Deadly demon. Fascinating demon.

They reach Buckland's parking lot and find a spot near the entrance. Jun turns off the car and steps out, ready for whatever comes next. "Okay, I'll be back. Just wait here and..."

Jun's words die on his tongue as Mason steps out of the car. In a blink, his clothes transform into a custom-tailored suit, and he adjusts it to perfection while staring at his reflection in the mirror. A sly smirk crosses his lips as he slicks back his gelled blonde hair.

He turns to Jun, who is looking at him with confusion. "You didn't think I'd stay in the car, did you?" Mason chuckles and shakes his head at the thought. "You really need to remember who I am."