CHAPTER SEVEN

His stalker knew where his locker was and what school he went to

This morning when he had arrived at school, Miguel was horrified to find another letter inside his locker. He didn't bother to read it for the initials on the envelope was enough for him to know who it was from. This "SK" was definitely stalking him and he was beginning to freak out about the situation. He had enough on his plate to deal with, but with another possible threat to his life, it was becoming just a bit too much.

So for the better part of the school day, the uneasy feeling of being watched wouldn't go away. Miguel was currently in Science class, sitting at a desk by the wall of windows, his gaze drawn to the football field. It was warm today and the sun was shining, unlike the prior two days before. Past the football field was the parking lot and beyond that was the road leading to the Main Street. He watched the trees sway in the gentle breeze outside, completely unaware that his teacher was calling for his attention.

"Mr. Diaz!"

Miguel flinched hard and snapped his head up to look at his teacher. He blinked a few times, trying to gather himself since the man raising his voice had done nothing to ease his wary feelings. "Sorry, Mr. Douglas."

The teacher in question gave him a stern look before saying, "Pay attention or I'm going to have to give you detention."

Miguel glanced around the class briefly, feeling slightly embarrassed before slumping in his seat as the teacher turned back to the chalkboard. He had a strong urge to read the letter he'd found stuffed in his locker but thought better of it.

Maybe I'll read it when I get home, Miguel thought eyeing the letter peeking out of his bag. Granted he didn't really want to read the creepy words he already expected to be in the letter but he had to know if he should be worried about his safety. It was already a given that this person was following him, due to them knowing things they wouldn't had they not been.

And that was scary enough.

____________________

At the end of the school day Miguel found himself standing in the hallway by his locker, speaking to Dimitri. The other teen had heard that he would be joining Miyagi-Do and was super excited about it. Miguel knew that he and Hawk had fallen out with one another because of the different dojos they were in. Hawk had been letting the power Cobra Kai made him believe he had get to his head, leading to him bullying and treating Dimitri like shit.

Miguel had seen how bad it had gotten at one point. Hawk and a few others (Robby and Tory included) chased Dimitri and Anthony through the Arcade a few weeks ago; they'd cornered Dimitri and broke his arm. Miguel was shocked when he had heard about it and when he tried to speak to Hawk about what he did, the other teen had nearly turned on him with anger. He threatened him not to bring up Dimitri's name again and since then, he hasn't. He was sure the other teen would blow a gasket if he saw him talking to Dimitri.