CHAPTER SIX

"All I'm saying is 'Rhea had a good time last night I bet," Kyler speaks brashly and laughs. "I'm sure he enjoyed the attention."

Kreese sat in his office, watching and listening to his students in the other room. Even though he hadn't been at the party, he was well aware of the events that transpired the night before. The Diaz boy had been kissed by his best friend Hawk and his not-so-seemingly former rival, Robby. He's taken aback when Hawk storms over to the group who were talking about it and jabs Kyler in the chest as he glares at Keene.

"His name is Miguel, not 'Rhea." Hawk snapped, eyes bouncing between Keene and the bully. "If you're going to make fun of him for last night, make sure I'm not present. I don't take too kindly to being made a mockery of and I'm sure Miguel doesn't like it either."

Kyler chuckles, glancing at his goon squad. "If you don't like it then scram. Or are you jealous because Keene got more of a reaction out of him than you did?"

Hawk sneers at the two of them, feeling anger start to rise inside himself. "No, I'm pissed because you think messing with Miguel's emotions is funny. And I won't stand for it."

Robby steps forward and finally speaks, despite Tory trying to pull him back. "I'm not messing with his emotions nor am I making fun of him. Last night was fun and we're talking about it, that's all."

"Stay away from Miguel, Robby. You've hurt him enough or did you forget that?" Hawk's words fly out like bullets. "You kicked him off the second floor at school and he was paralyzed. He's traumatized enough, he doesn't need you constantly reminding him of what happened. So stay away, or there will be trouble."

Kreese observes in silence as Hawk turns away from the group and walks toward the locker rooms to get changed out of his gi. The older man stands from his chair and follows the teenager with one purpose on his mind: get Hawk to convince Diaz to come back to Cobra Kai. When he enters the locker room, he's not surprised to see the teen leaning against one of the lockers, his face flushed red with anger. Kreese clears his throat to make his presence known and the teen turns to look at him.

"Sensei." Hawk bows, his blue eyes focused on him.

"I have a task for you, one you might find to be quite beneficial." Kreese starts, a small smile forming.

"What's that?"

"I want you to convince Diaz to come back to Cobra Kai before Miyagi-Do sees an opportunity. Maybe in doing so, you'll have a better chance of getting what you want." Kreese drawls.

Hawk frowns at him. "So I convince him to come back and what, you'll help me get his attention?"

"Well, of course. You are my student, if you really needed advice or help with that, I would help. But, you have to convince him to come back."

"Why do you want him to come back?" Hawk asked. "If it's just to use him for the All-Valley then don't bother trying to ask me to convince him. He won't do it. Give me something better to work with and maybe I can."

"Tell him that I thought he was an exceptional student during his time in this dojo and I would like him to return. If that should fail, I have faith that you'll find some way to convince him. I'll even give you Robby's role if you want it. After all, I'm sure you'll want him by your side no matter what it takes."