seven

We again got some free days, but this time I get together with Lissie. One day we go shopping, and I help her get outfits ready for the whole race weekend. The next day, we go into a coffee shop, because although we are "free", we've still got weekend prep. So we both work together, she researchs information for her interviews while I analyze all the data we got on testing to try and organize it. Just so that we can quickly find a specific set up to send over to the pitwall during sessions and the race. 

We just each got back to our hotel room and I see that I still have roughly two and a half hours of downtime before we all meet for team dinner. I haven't been working out a lot because of how busy I was, so I decide to make good use of the warmer weather to head onto the hotel pool to do some laps. I put on my old team swimsuit, from back when I competed on uni, and put on sweatpants and a hoodie and make my way towards the rooftop.

Once I get there, I see Lando over on one corner of the room doing neck training with Jos and over by the bars I see Oscar and Logan doing pull ups. 

"15, 16, 17, come on Oscar, you can do one more, 18, andd no that one didn't count" Oscar drops down from the bar while I step closer to them both.

"Hey guys! Didn't know Williams was in these hotel too."

"Oh- He- Hey Indi! Yeah, I mean no, I mean only Alex and myself because our hotel didn't have a gym" He scratches his neck.

"Oh yeah, this one is really nice, never been in a hotel with such a big gym, and I heard the pool is like half olympic length!" 

"Hey Indi, are you heading there now?" Oscar asks me once he gets his breath back.

"Yeah, I haven't been working a lot so I thought about getting a few laps in"

"Yeah the pool is really nice, we went in the morning, until Oscar challenged me to a pull up contest so here we are!"

"Uhh, so who is winning?"

"Logan hasn't gone yet, so myself at 18, why do you wanna try?" he laughs and I put a fake offended face. 

"What? You don't think I can?" I drop my towel and jump up to grab the bar "Start counting" I start doing pull ups, which they don't know but is my strongest skill.

"17, 18, 19, 20, 21..., 25, 26." I jump down and they both look at me with shocked faces. 

"Oh guess I didn't mention it before but I did gymnastics and swimming my whole life" I smile innocently and Lando, who has made his way over to us, laughs and high fives me. "As much as this was fun, there's a pool waiting for me" I throw a kiss over my shoulder and get to the pool.

Logan POV (20 mins before)

"Push, push, push, push!" I strain my neck to maintain it in the same position while holding a weight in a crunched position. A killer exercise to finish up our workout.

"Andd, relax. Great, that was even better than before, Logan" I drop the weight and smile at my trainer. Getting accustomed to Formula 1 is difficult, but I am slowly getting better. "Ok guys, that was it for today, remember to stretch and rest. Tomorrow's cardio so be ready at 9 with your bicycles." He waves over to Oscar too, before leaving the gym.

Oscar starts laughing, and I look over to him. "What's so funny?" 

"Mate, you should have seen yourself, your arms where trembling so much!" 

"Haha, not like yours were any better!" 

"I obviously was better, but if you want proof, let's get it. Pull up competition, right now."

"Fine, but let me rest a little first." I grab a roller and start streching, Oscar copies my action. "So..." I clear my throat "How's Indi?"

"I guess she's fine, haven't really talked to her since the party, Lissie stole her from us." I blush a little at the reminder of the party, she looked so beautiful and carefree that night. "Why are you blushing? Oh my days! You like her?!" he laughs at loud.