one

Indiana POV

"I don't even know what to pack in my luggage... UGH!"  I am STRESSED, because how can someone fit an entire life in a suitcase. I am trying to finish packing. But this isn't for a normal trip, I am actually moving, across the world nonetheless. 

"Calm down! Everything is gonna be alright, just remember to take everything you need to survive the English cold" her best friend, Julia, fake shivered at the prospect of spending January on the northerm hemisphere.

"Don't even remind me, I can't believe that in less than a week I am gonna be freezing!" I, in fact, couldn't believe that this was finally happening, I am going to work in Formula 1. I was originally planning on doing a masters in racing cars once I finished my degree in Aeronautical Engineering to boost my chances, but less than a week later a position opened up at Mclaren for a junior aerodynamics engineer. And so I applied to both the master college and the Mclaren position. I finally received the final decision about a month ago and have been doing all the paperwork since.

"I can. You have been dreaming of being in the paddock since we were five and I couldn't be prouder to say that I was with you for every step since then" I could hear her sniffing through my phone and tears sprung in my eyes. 

"I am going to miss you, a lot! Don't you dare forget about me, okay?"

"I could never! But maybe you can remind me what a good friend I am by inviting me to a race once in a while..."

"Of course, who else would I invite?" I cry-laughed a little,"Ok, I gotta go, but talk to you soon, ok? Love you!"

"Love you too Indi" I hang up and look at my mess of a room. I am going to ask my family to send boxes with my stuff over once I am in England, because there is no way that I can take everything now.

✫☼☾☁☾☼✫

Arriving at the London airport, I start searching for whoever Mclaren sent to fetch me. Through the bustle I see someone wearing a bright orange t-shirt and approach them.

"Hey, you must be Indiana, I am Cole, nice to meet you!" I shake his hand and nod along.

"Likewise, thank you so much for coming to get me" I smile gratefully while we start walking towards the car.

"It's no problem, really. Couldn't image having to worry about getting home after such a long flight. The team usually arranges something for us to be able to relax once we come back from race weekends" He helps me put my luggage in the trunk of the car and I remember to get into the other side of the car, going to have to get used to driving on the other side of the road.

"Makes sense, and while we are on topic, what do you do over at the MTC?" I get settled in my seat and look over at the drivers side.

"Oh yeah, I do social media slash content creation and editing for the team, so not going to see each other much during the races" He starts driving and turns on music, "we've got a long drive so if you want you can snooze a little, I will wake you and tell you a little about the place the team coordinated once we are a closer" 

I thank him and not long after I fall asleep...

✫☼☾☁☾☼✫

"Ok, so here it is. Your team kits are on your closet, the wifi info is stuck on the fridge and the team has provided a week worth of groceries for you to be able to settle in. We expect you at the MTC on Monday at 9 for your tour and to get to know who you will be working with. If you need anything, there is a list of phone numbers next to the table you can text or call whenever." I nod along while I look around the place, it is bigger than I thought it would be, and once I spy the queen bed I know how I am going to spend the rest of my Thursday. "So... I will let you settle into your flat. I am actually just across the hall, so if you need something don't hesitate to knock"

"Thank you so much! Will keep that in mind. Bye Cole" I close the door behind him and turn to look at my place, I have just about four days to make this my new home, get a bycicle and prepare for my first day. Lord help me...

Author here!

Hope you like this first chapter! Comment if you see any mistakes or if you have suggestions for the story. 

PS. the text in italics is when she talks in spanish :)

MC Out! <3