|34.|

December 11,2017
Atlanta, GA
9:34am

December 11,2017Atlanta, GA9:34am

3 weeks later

Trial day 1

Walking out of the coat closet—Essence sighed and looked up at David

Walking out of the coat closet—Essence sighed and looked up at David. No words were exchanged before he opened his arms and allowed Essence to walk into them. She closed her eyes and tried her best to relax as he hugged her tightly. Last night her, Indiya, KJ, and Bryheim had spent the night at Jacqueline and David's home.

All night Essence had tossed and turned and barely slept. She'd only fallen to sleep when she creeped in Bryheim's room and climbed into his bed for him to cuddle her like he use to.

"I love you. Remember that." David whispered before kissing her forehead.

Instead of saying anything because she was speechless of words, Essence just hugged him tighter as her response. She blinked the tears down before popping her eyes open. Already today was a lot for her.

When they pulled away from each other, Essence gave him a weak smile before signing to herself. Bryheim, Indiya, and Jacquline all made their way down the steps with look of annoyance on their faces. When Indiya reached Essence, her arms immediately went around her followed by Bryheim and Jacquline.

"Let's give Essence a big I love you on three..." Indiya said making Essence crack a small smile as she stood in their embrace. "One..two..three..."

"WE LOVE YOU ESSENCE!" They all said in a union making Essence tear up and smile from how loved she felt. During times like this—she was forever grateful to be apart of such a loving, caring family.

"I love you all so much." Essence said as she looked around. "Thank you all for being my support system, my everything. It means so much to me and I hope after all this, I can finally put everything behind me and be free."