Part 4 - "The Swap"

Start bij het begin

Agent 4 felt somewhat...conflicted.
They still resented Smollusk, of course. But they made it sound like a scared and lonely kid!
Maybe...they should have a chat with it themself once they get to Floor 10.

Ding!

Agent 4 looked at the elevator door.

"We're at Floor 2!" Marina beamed, "I hope next challenge isn't too tough..."
"You jinxed it," Acht replied. Cyrus snickered.

Agent 8, who was reasonably tired of the banter as always, began to walk through the doors, with Agent 4 quickly running behind.

"Hey! Wait up!" Pearl yelled.
"...Y'know, for people who wear heeled boots and snow boots as part of their uniforms, they're really fast." Cyrus looked out the door.
"I know, right? I don't know how they even walk in those...it can't be comfortable." Acht agreed.

"Well...good luck, you two." Cyrus shrugged.
"Yeah! Good luck!" Pearl added
"Good luck, Pearlie!" Marina smiled.
"...And H4CKER. Good luck to H4CKER too." Acht finished.

With that, they were out the door.

Floor Two
[Trust-Exercise_Puzzle.Floor]

Just like last time, the four of them were all teleported to either side of the stage as soon as everyone had exited. Without warning, too...

Agent 4 lost their balance when they appeared on the left side, but Agent 8 helped them stable-

Wait.

...Agent 8?

They looked at the octoling, who looked back with the same concerned expression. Because they both knew; if they were both taken to the left side...
They ran to the wall separating both floors and heard a muffled argument behind it. Pearl and Cyrus were teamed up together.

Agent 4 didn't know it'd be randomized, and neither did Agent 8, but they figured it made sense. How would the Memverse even know to put them in specific pairs? And despite the fact that Agent 4 isn't too fond of Pearl, and Agent 8 isn't too fond of Cyrus,
...That pairing would be a lot better than Cyrus and Pearl put together.

Agent 4 sighed.
They'd be here a while.

Despite that all, the two agents knew they could finish their side of the floor fast. They were close friends, AND they've been roommates for six whole years! This would be a piece of cake!

As they walked through the room, they were suddenly stopped by an abrupt pop-up screen - Agent 8 flinched when it did.
The screen seemed to have instructions for the floor. Agent 8 read it out loud for the both of them.

"Hew-"
They stopped. It was in Smollusk's speech patterns, and they wouldn't be caught dead replacing the two "L"s in "Hello" with "W"s. So, they glossed over the "baby speech" and read Smollusk's note in a normal voice.
"Hello, Pearl and Eight! Or the other two. Or any of you! Do you like my changes to the Spire of Order? Good! I've made things harder for you, and easier for me! I'm gonna grayscale the whole world if you're not fast enough!"
They scrolled down, and then continued.
"I'll tell you what THIS floor's about, but not all of them. That would ruin the surprise!
To make it to the end of this floor, you have to complete two trials of friendship and trust! I hope you guys are all good friends, because if you're not, this floor while take a while! Hehehe!"