2. One long year

Hiccup was sailing away. He was already a day gone. Hiccup -no, Hades- wants to find the old temple where he can open the portal between the human world and the world of the demons and evil gods.

◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇

"Come on, Astrid. One more push. One more push and the baby's there." And she did it. With a loud scream, Astrid pushed one last time. And then, she heard it. She heard her baby cry for the first time.
"Congratulations, Mom! You got a girl!" Heather called out, bringing the baby to her Mom.
"A beautiful one, to be exact." She added when Astrid took her daughter into her arms.
"Hello, my little girl. I'm so happy that you're finally here." She whispered, sobbing and laughing at the same time.
"What's her name?" Heather asked, waiting for an answer. But all she got was a sad look.
"Hiccup and I never discussed it before." Astrid said quietly.
"Well, then. It's up to you, Astrid." Her best friend just looked at her and then turned again to her daughter.
"I'll leave you alone for a moment, okay?" Astrid just nodded. After Heather left the hut, Astrid just leaned against the bed, sighing in tiredness, and smiled at her daughter's calm face when she slept.
"My little angel. My little girl. I love you so much." Astrid caressed her daughter's cheeks with her fingertips. The baby cooed at it. Astrid chuckled and carefully kissed the top of her tiny head.
"My sweet little girl. Aww, look at your cute rosy cheeks. You're so cute, you know that? Wait. I think that's how I'm gonna name you. Rosi. That's it. Rosi Haddock. Do you like it?" She asked the baby with a bright smile. But Rosi just laughed at that.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"We're near, my love. We are near the temple. I can feel it."
"Hades. Please. Come. Come and save us from our prison. Hades, my love. I need you."
"I'll find you, I promise."
"Hades. One year. You've been traveling for one whole year. You need to act fast. There won't be a chance to free us soon. Please, Hades."
"Of course, Hel. Hel? Hel! Where are you?! Hel, I can't hear you! Please, don't leave me..."

◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇•◇

"Well, Astrid. I'm really curious about what happened in the last year and why you didn't tell me about her sooner..." Stoick asked furiously, like always. He just found out about his granddaughter.