𝘟𝘝𝘐𝘐𝘐. ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴇᴀʀʼs ᴅᴀʏ

Start from the beginning

That's why she decided to talk to him today.

She obviously wasnt going to do it in front of everyone. She had to wait for the right moment. And that's what she did.

She was walking down the stairs with Leah, who was talking about a dress she found in a store.

Daphné almost fell down the stairs, fortunately for her, she didn't.

“Oh, my God. You know what we haven't done in a while?” Aryan said, sitting on a barstool in the kitchen.

“What?” Charlie asked. Daphné and Leah sat next to them and poured cereals into their bowls.

“A movie marathon! Plus, it's the end of the year and I don't know about you guys but I don't have any plans for tonight. ”

“You're so right! And tomorrow is Sunday so we don't have to wake up early! But what should we watch?” Dior said.

Walker was about to answer before Leah stopped him. “Don't even think about saying what you're about to say, Walker”

“I didn't even say anything!”

“Of course you didn't” Daphné said. Even if her tone had a tinge of sarcasm, everyone knew she wasn't joking, and that she meant the past few days.

It created some sort of awkward atmosphere in the kitchen. Even Charlie, who was in the living room, could feel the awkwardness.

“Anyway..” Dior began “I think we should watch Avatar. Unless you guys already watched it?”

“Yeah, I'm fine with rewatching it” Daphné said.

“Yeah, I'm in”

“Me too”

“Same”

“What about you, Walker?” Leah asked him.

“Yeah, sure”

Aryan whispered something to Dior and she nodded. Daphné's eyes narrowed.

“I'm gonna go to my room now. Only Leah's allowed to come in.” Daphné said as she got up. She left the kitchen before returning quickly and saying “And maybe Dior, too”

And with that she was gone.

✯   ✯   ✯

Daphné was sitting on her bed. Her back against the wall and her knees up to her chest.

She had her sketch book on her knees. She was drawing.

It had been around seven hours since they came back from work. And fifteen hours since breakfast.

Daphné was still mad with Walker. And the donut thing. But mostly Walker.

She was a very petty person, so she definitely wasn't going to be the first one to talk, it felt pathetic and weak to do so. But at the same time, she had to do something, or else she'd get a repeat of 2020 with Teresa.

She didn't want a repeat of 2020.

Walker was downstairs doing God knows what. And if he was downstairs, she was going to be upstairs just for the fun of it.