Just then, he heard another pair of footsteps from the shadows as two more Shuuki appeared.

Shigeo: Since I have a weapon now...I'm not afraid anymore!

He tried to pick up the sword but it was stuck to the ground.

Shigeo: What!? Are you kidding me!? Why can't I pull it out!?

The two Shuuki rushed at him and were ready to kill him, but with an enraged scream, Shigeo pulled out the sword and slashed one of them while the other caught it with its hand.

Shigeo: Damn, these things do have tight grips! But even so... I'm not dying here!

Shigeo slid under and slashed right through the Shuuki's arm and body cutting it into two halves, as more and more Shuuki appeared 

Shigeo: Now that I think about it, you guys...compare to the first three Shuuki. *Grins* You look weak.

(timeskip)

After killing more Shuuki, Shigeo took a break and learned that the mysterious screen was some sort of system. Like the one in video games, he also learned that when killing Shuuki he could level up and also buy and sell equipment, but his level wasn't high enough.

Shigeo: Damn, I leveled up a good amount, but the level requirement for buying these items is pretty damn high.  But back to important matters...How am I gonna find a way out?

Shigeo turned to the darkness as a giant group of Shuuki walked towards him, ready to kill Shigeo with no mercy.

Shigeo: Looks like I can level up some more.

Shigeo smirked as he picked up his sword and dashed at Shuuki's and began slashing at them one by one, with more surrounding him but stood his ground.

Shigeo: You fuckers better not die so easily, or you'll be sorry!

As Shigeo kept slashing at the SHuuki, his speed increased as he was getting faster and faster with each swing.

SHigeo's thoughts No matter what, I will not ever go back to my old ways!

[You have leveled up]

Shigeo's thought: Because now I realize!

[You have leveled up!]

Shigeo's thoughts: If i were to give up here, I'd get killed!

[You have leveled up] 

Shigeo's thoughts: If I die here, then I'll never fulfill the promise I had made!

As more Shuuki's appeared, Shigeo rushed at them with  his sword and a scream of determination

Shigeo's thoughts: If I can become stronger...