hanging out with him again???

PERCY JACKSON

SUMMARY: your friends get upset since your hanging out with him too much

you've been spending a lot of time with percy recently, the two of you have spent a lot of time together at yancy academy. most kids pick on him since he's considered 'special' in some peoples eyes but you like him.

in your eyes, percy is sassy and funny and sweet. you really like him and people have started to whisper stuff about you.

"so... can you come with me and winnie this weekend?" your friend spoorthi asks

"uhh... welll...." you fiddle with the hem of your shirt

spoorthi rolls her eyes "are you seriously hanging out with that percy guy AGAIN? come on... i hope you don't become like jocelyn who dated that autistic peter guy."

you scoffed, you should be able to hang out with whoever you want and spoorthi shouldn't tell you anything.

all you could think about was percy, he promised to show you his entire greek mythology cards collection and said that they should have a sleepover.

one of your other friends asked you, "why are you always hanging out with him?"

your eyes darted around "cause... he's you know... cool." he was way more than that, he was charming and cute and you wanted to hold him in your arms but you couldn't tell them that.

after this, they started whispering and spreading rumors around the academy.

you had people coming up to you and asking if it was true you dumped all your friends for the dyslexic ADHD kid and if your a bad person and touch starved. what were these rumors?

your friends were fed up, but you honestly couldn't care less. if they weren't gonna support you with making new friends then screw them.

"hey percy!" you said excitedly as you saw him down the hall, he gave a small half smile back at you.

"hey y/n.... uhm so a lot of people have been talking about you... and me." he was a bit nervous and a bit self conscious

"uhhh yeah sorry about that. my friends aren't really okay with me hanging out with you since they think your a freak." you realized what you said "sorry- your not a freak i just-"

"it's okay." he reassured you "i know im a freak."

the fact he acknowledged he was a freak was really weird, you wanted to protest and tell him he wasn't but he seemed fine like this.

"oh okay." you nodded then smiled at him "so uh... wanna talk?"

he gave you a full, real smile this time "i would like that."