Chapter 6: Everybody

Enjoy the small bit of lemon, because it's probably going to be EXTREMELY rare.

   I blinked in the morning sunlight and sat up. As I stretched and yawned, there was a knock on the door.
   "Come in!" I yawned.
   The door opened and Mom poked her head in. "Good morning sweetie! Is Velvet awake?"
   Just as I shook my head, Velvet groaned and sat up. "What time is it?" She asked sleepily, reaching for her phone.
   After glancing at the screen, which said 5:01 AM, she plopped back down on her pillow.
   "Velvet, baby, you need to get up, I need your help in the kitchen. And Veneer, your dad needs your help getting out more chairs. Everybody's going to be here in about three hours! Let's go!" Mom called.
   I jumped out of bed and went over to my duffle bag with all my clothes in it. I shuffled through it until I found a purple button up and jeans.
Velvet, on the other hand, laid face down on her pillow.
   "You should probably get up." I say. "Cause' Mom ain't gonna care how rich, famous, or old you are while she's dragging you out of bed and spanking your ass."
   "Language Veneer!"
   "Ah! Yes Mom!" I yelled.
   She groaned again and sat up. Her hair was in a bun, and a few strands had strayed from the tight hold of the elastic, they fell around her face.

   After three hours of fixing the house up, eating breakfast, and then more fixing the house up, there was a knock on the door.
   "I'll get it!" I called. I opened the door and saw my ten year old niece, Nala.
   "VENEER!!!" She squealed and hugged my legs.
   "Woah kid, don't knock me over!" I say.
   "Sorry!" She apologized. "I heard your songs! There great! Everyone at school is talking about them. But NOBODY believed me when I told them that you were my uncle!"
   "Well I don't blame them. It's hard to believe that a random but adorable little girl is related to a handsome young man like me." I say.
   Nala blushed when I said that she was cute. "Shut up."
   Another knock on the door.
   I opened it and stepped out of the way so my sister Vivian and her husband walked in.
   "Hey guys!" Rick, Vivian's husband said.
   Ben and Rick started talking about... whatever. And Vivian's three year old daughter's, Lily and Lonnie, tugged on my sleeve.
   "Hi guys!" I say, scooping both of them up and holding them up on my hips. They draped there little arms around me squeaking things like: "V'neer!"
   "What about me?!" Nala whined.
   "You?" I say. "You're ten years old! You're way to heavy!"
   "Or maybe you're not strong enough!" Velvet laughed, scooping up Nala from behind. "Hi kid!"
   "VELVET!" She squeaked.
   Another knock on the door.
   I opened it up to see Vincent holding hands with...
   "Holy shit, Lenny?" I exclaimed.
   "You know my girl?" Vincent asked me. Lenny's eyes were saucers.
   Mom walked in, quickly followed by Dad. "Hi everyone!" She said.
   "Okay, so we've all said 'hi' to each other, but can we please discuss the elephant in the room?" Vels asked.
   "What elephant in the room?" Dad asks.
   "Oh, I dunno, just the fact that Vincent is dating Veneer's friend!" Velvet exclaimed.
   "You're friends with Lenny?" Vincent asked.
   "You consider me a friend?" Lenny asked at the same time.
   "Uhh, yes?" I answered both of them.
   "That's uhh, interesting." Dad said.
   "Well I think it's great!" Mom said.
   Vincent introduced Lenny to... Everyone. I guess I have a giant family.
   "Did you guys kiss yet?!" Nala asks and we all burst into laughter.
   "Um, kinda, it's hard to explain." Both him and Lenny were giggling.
   "I hope you two are using protection." Dad said.
   "We are." Lenny assured him.
   "Huh?" Nala was confused.
   "Okay, let's not talk about this in front of the kids." Vivian scolded all of us.
   I saw my parents give her a nod of approval as we all agreed.

-Three months later-

   "Watch Me Work!" Velvet screamed out to the crowd. I soaked in the applause for a while before me and Vels finally disappeared backstage where our friends and family were.
   "That was AWESOME!" Nala squealed.
   "It was wasn't it?" Victoria said.
   "I enjoyed it." Mom says.
   Velvet started chatting with everyone except me and Ritz. The past three months had been.. something. I realized I actually have a thing for Ritz, Vels had guessed my feelings, and had been purposely leaving us alone so I could confess. I never did.
   "Sooooo, uhhhhhhh." Ritz said awkwardly.
   I cleared my throat. "Um, what did you think of the show?" I ask.
   "It was great." Ritz said.
   "Thanks." I blush, and bite my cheek. You know what? I'm gonna do it. I grabbed his hand and started walking down a hallway.

Velvet's perspective.

   I looked around. Wait. Where the hell is Veneer? "Do you know where Veneer is?" I ask Orchid.
   She pointed to a nearby hallway with her thumb. "Him and Ritz went that way."
   "Wait, back up, him and Ritz?!" I grin. Was he gonna...
   Orchid nodded, so I grabbed her hand and went over to Lenny. "Do you wanna go find the boys?" I ask her.
   "Where'd they go?" She asked.
   I pointed to the hallway. "That way. Alone."
   She smiled mischievously. "Oh you better believe I do!"
   Together, we all started down the hall, I didn't notice it right then, but I was still holding Orchid's hand.

   We'd been walking for a little while, as I peeked over a corner to see if it was clear, I instantly regretted that choice. I found them. But not the way I wanted to find them. Ritz had Veneer pined against the wall and they were kissing. I squeezed my eyes shut and quickly turned around.
   "Did you find them?" Lenny whispered. I nodded, a grossed out look on my face.
   "Is it bad?" Orchid asked.
   I peeked over again, just to make sure I'd seen things right and- oh my God was Ritz sneaking his hands up Veneer's shirt?! I looked away. "Oh, it's bad." I tell them.

Ritz's perspective.

   Veneer pulled me down the hall and turned the corner and stopped. He pursed his lips. His EXTREMELY tempting lips.
   "What is it?" I ask.
   He cleared his throat. "There's uhhh, something I gotta tell you." He said.
   I immediately started panicking. Did he guess my feelings?! Is he about to reject me?!

   "I uhhh, um, God, this is harder than I thought, Ritz," He looked up at me. And all I could think was: He's going to reject me!!
   "Ritz," He was starring into my eyes now. "Ritz, I, um, I like you." He half smiled cutely.
   My heart stopped beating for a second. Did he mean... Was I hallucinating? I have to be sure. "L-like friendship?" I ask. He shook his head. "L-like, like, like? Like... Love?" He nodded. I smiled. Then I did it.

   I kissed him. Then again, and again, and again. I pinned him against the wall. After a while I started to sneak my hands up his shirt. Then I stopped. I couldn't do this, not here, not in a public hallway! So, still kissing, we eased our way down the hall until I found a door. I opened it and pulled him in. It looked like a recording studio, I pinned Veneer to the couch.

Velvet's perspective.

   Lenny peeked over. "Velvet, nobody's there." She said.
   "What?!" I ask, and look over. They were gone. "Where the hell did they go?!" I yelled, then I turned to Orchid, who's hand I was still holding. "We need to find them! Again!"
   We split up, I went to the nearest door, turned the knob, and immediately heard a: "Shitshitshit!" I shut the door.
   "Uhhh, found them!" I called to Lenny and Orchid. They ran over and Lenny grabbed the knob and with no hesitation opened it. She pulled us with her and I quickly shut my eyes. Then I heard: "Oh hi guys!"
   I opened one eye a little bit and saw them sitting at a table with Uno cards out.
   "What- but you were just- in the hallway-" I stutter.
   Then Veneer frowned, his, "Oh shit she knows" face on.
   "You know what?" Orchid asks. "You two go ahead and do whatever, just, be back soon."
   We walked out and shut the door, I pressed my ear against the door, and heard:
   "Wanna get back to..."
   "Duh!"
   Then I heard kiss noises. And giggling, a lot of giggling.

   "Ick." I muttered and followed Orchid and Lenny back to backstage.

Sorry this took so long! I got writers block so it took me a while! Hope you liked the chapter! 😁