Chapter Five

The Metatron stood still, hands on hips, as his eyes glanced down towards the buzzing streets of London. He had seen what had happened only a few moments ago. A slight devilish grin formed across his face, as his index finger traced along his chin.

Uriel swiftly walked over her eyebrows raised, "This may be just a theory, but there seems to be a dilemma, is there not?"

"It appears that Crowley has now left our Angel Aziraphale, and he had willingly let him go to his own devices." The Metatron then looks up at her, "You do know what this means, correct?"

She fiddled with her fingers for a moment before speaking, "Oh, you couldn't possibly be thinking of what I'm thinking are you?" A soft sigh escaped her mouth, "For Satan's sake, Aziraphale has now lost the love of his life! Do you think you can stroll down to earth offering such a position again? Really?"

The Metatron walked away as the double elevator doors came to an opening, one foot following the other, as it shut closed. Uriel still looked over in disbelief, but also amazed at the constant persistence.

...

It was mid-afternoon in Central London, the sun was peeking behind a puff of clouds, as a slight breeze carried the aroma of coffee from 'Bring Me Coffee, Or Bring me Death.'

The Metatron was waving at the passing pedestrians, with a coffee in his other hand, the quant bookshop now in view. But one thing appeared to be different, as it now did not have a black Bentley parked out in the front.

Perfect! The silly demon has left, as that is one less distraction to worry over now.

He began to press against the door handle, as a bell let out into a soft jingle, "Aziraphale? Are you still here? I wanted to discuss that position of yours! It still hasn't been accepted, with everything that happened, I thought you may want to know."

An angel appeared out of the corner, as a tissue was being dabbed gently at the corner of his eyes. His soft blonde hair was all mangled and his clothes were full of wrinkles, looking as if he hadn't taken a shower in days, "Oh dear, I wasn't expecting company, so sorry. Was there something you needed?"

"Ah yes actually, I was wondering if you wanted to reconsider the position that was given?"

Aziraphale looked at him with the sudden realization that the Metatron knew about Crowley walking out. As it was the only reasonable explanation.

"So? What do you say, Aziraphale? Come to heaven and be the angel of all angles, or sit here and pout over Crowley? The decision is yours."