Chapter One

A fireplace was heard crackling in the background as Aziraphale, Crowley, and Muriel hauled boxes into the bookshop. The fireplace was installed on the first level, tucked in a corner. Aziraphale had made quite the fuss about a living fire being within ten feet of his books but lost the argument after Muriel complained about being cold at night.

"I just don't understand why I can't help around the shop anymore!" Muriel pouted.

"When was the last time you saw the angel actually sell a book?" Crowley said, eyeing the books surrounding them. Muriel stood for a moment, trying their best to find a scenario to prove him wrong.

"Well, there was.. well actually he once.. but I swear-"

"Point is, he can't bear to depart from his children."

A bell rang behind them. They both turned around to see Aziraphale huffing and gripping onto a box filled with plants, peperomia plants to be exact. Muriel rushed over to help him with the box while Crowley stood, arms crossed, and slightly smirking.

"Why, thank you, Muriel. How very kind of you." Aziraphale said, finally catching his breath. He looked up over the top of the box to find Crowley standing there. Aziraphale put on his best "Why didn't you come over and help me?" face, but it came out more as an "I miss you, why didn't you come to greet me?" face.

It had been weeks since the war between Heaven and Hell (or rather, Armageddon). The angel Aziraphale, the demon Crowley, and Muriel (their adopted-but-not-really-adopted 'child') had been settling just fine in the quaint little bookshop.

It was Aziraphale's idea to have Crowley move in. He was rather upset when finding out Crowley had been living in The Bentley for the past few months, and told him to live with him in the bookshop. Which was fine, considering everything was now in its place. Crowley's plants were aligned along the large glass window where the sun's rays shined along the plants just right. The bedrooms upstairs were fully furnished, as per the angel's wishes. This whole situation was everything he could ever imagine. Though, he'd never admit it out loud.

Aziraphale walked over to Crowley with a cup of tea in his hands, but tripped over the rug, resulting in tea flying up into the air and landing on Crowley's freshly pressed button-up.

"Oi! Angel, be careful!"

"Oh, I am deeply sorry," Aziraphale frowned.

"I.. I.. forgive you." The demon smirked as he teased. Aziraphale rolled his eyes. Crowley never let that line go and proceeded to bring it up whenever possible.

"When will you let that go? I've apologized countless times!"

"I fOrGiVe yOu.." Crowley continued.

The two of them continued with their playful banter. Muriel was curled up against the couch, reading through one of the books. As the sun began to go down for the night, the street lamps began to light the streets. Seen on the other side of the street were Maggie and Nina cleaning up the shop 'Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death'. They were laughing, happy as can be.

It was perfect.