Chapter 4

Angel got into town in hopes of getting what she needed even though it took her about thirty- minutes to get to the location of Downtown Roseland since their home sits on the outskirts of downtown. She saw a lot of businesses that were empty that needed someone to own them but she knew right now her and Jana are going to have to get jobs before resetting up their bookstore and cafe again even though they have money now it is going to be gone quickly at this rate.

Angel found a local hardware store to get her fence and flowers then as soon as she was about to leave she ran into the last person she expected which was Scarlett. Scarlett's eyes lit up as she spoke,

"Oh my gosh, Angel! What are you doing in Kansas?"

Angel raised her eyebrows replying,

"I would be asking you the same thing since last I checked you were supposed to be in a mental ward."

Scarlett waved her hand off responding,

"Oh trust me I did for like a whole six months, so seriously what are you doing here? I mean hell last I checked you were still in Michigan with Jana by the way where is she? You two never leave without the other."

Angel just shook her head replying,

"I moved here because we needed a bigger place for the both of us. Jana is at home with a sprained ankle, she fell down the stairs this morning."

Scarlett hugged Angel with a big smile responding,

"I am very sorry about her ankle but also glad you two have made it for a year together and moved out here. By the way I am needing your help in finding me a partner if possible and if you're not too busy?"

Angel knew Scarlett was trouble, to begin with, this is going to cause big issues with her and Jana so she replied,

"Sorry Scarlett, I can't do that, I mean we can be friends as long as you don't try to attack me again like you did in Michigan but otherwise no Jana needs me more than anything right now and we have a lot going on."

Scarlett sighed holding herself responding,

"I do want to apologize for attacking you, I'm so very sorry, I just missed you and wanted you back so badly than getting with Annisa because I abused her for not getting you back. I am such a mess anyway, I understand you got a life now and it is probably better now than where I'm at."

Angel was curious as to what Scarlett was getting at but she had to get home to Jana and not talk to her ex-girlfriend; it would only make matters worse if anything. So, Angel politely walked around Scarlett then left the store as she heard Scarlett call for her but she kept walking faster to the truck without her fences and flowers knowing she can get them again another time.

As she got into the truck and put it in gear she dared not to look back at Scarlett. That was the last thing she needed was to try and make a friendship with the worst ex in the world. On her way home, she thought of sweet Jana and how wonderful it'd be to be back in her arms safely holding one another.

Thankfully she looked back and didn't see Scarlett following her all the way home that would have caused her to hide at Jana's parent's place until she could safely walk back home but that wasn't the case as she drove for the thirty miles back home without even eating or getting supplies she felt worthless all because she just dropped everything to the side and left that was in her hand, she just had to get away from Scarlett.

As she arrived home Angel got into the house to see Jana in tears and wondering where her parents are at, it seemed quite odd that they left a woman unable to take care of herself to just leave so Angel sat on the couch beside Jana than held her for comfort saying,

"Where is your parent's sweetheart?"

Jana looked up wiping her tears replying,

"They left to go to work, they didn't give me my cell phone to contact you and yeah the talk to them was the worst. Did you eat and get what you needed?"

Angel shook her head no as she thought it was best not to bring up Scarlett replying,

"What did you tell your parents exactly?"

Jana sighed looking away and hugging herself responding,

"That I was in love with you, I felt it was time to have children, and get our business to reopen downtown but it seems they don't support us as a couple just as friends only an if I came out lesbian with you then this is just going to get worse in their point of view."

Angel knew it was going to be difficult knowing that figuring out who she was is going to take its toll as she replied,

"I don't mind us having children, I was just hoping you would have told me we were planning to have kids as soon as we got here. As for you're parents not supporting us or who you are is what they are going to have to deal with in time."

Jana nodded in agreement seeing that Angel is right as she responded,

"I should have told you but I knew we had a lot on our plate and now it just became even more full."

Angel kissed Jana on the forehead replying,

"It'll be okay, how is your ankle?"

Jana wiggled it around a bit as she sighed even more responding,

"It hurts, I need a bathroom, change out of these clothes and everything else, I do admit I have tried getting up on my own but it's hard."

Angel helped Jana to the bathroom by going upstairs to get new clothes than bringing them back to the downstairs bathroom so that way it'd be easier on Jana getting in and out. Right now, she helped Jana shower an get comfortable for the evening as they agreed on watching "Loving Annabelle" a lesbian teacher/student movie. They even ate dinner by candlelight in their new living room which is light blue with new furniture, a couch, a long coffee table in front of the television and new lamps that were a light pink hue to them, it made the living room very romantic.