𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙀𝙖𝙨𝙮 (𝙎𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙣 𝙭 𝙁!𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧)

A/N: Sorry for not writing for so long!! I had so much work and stuff to do!

Everyone knew who Sachein was. Everyone knew how Sachein was. Sachein was everywhere, with everyone and everything. One second he'd be talking with the college professors, another second he'd be getting Ayyasaamy into trouble, and then who could forget his constant teasing of Shalini. Not that Shalini cared much, anyway. She had made it particularly clear that what she felt towards Sachein was that of a good friend, nothing more and nothing less. He took her words with a grain of salt and decided not to spend too much time torturing the poor girl; after all, this was college! College was supposed to be fun, a place for everyone to spend time and hang out with their friends. Who cares about studying? We'd all reached a point in our lives where people needed to go out and relax themselves. It was the only way to prevent ourselves from going insane.

At least, that's what Sachein viewed college as.

(Y/N) did not, unfortunately.

To (Y/N), college was the place for us to drive ourselves towards our career. It was the most arduous and final step. There was no time to dilly dally and do other shenanigans. This was the time for us to be focused on our future, to become the best student and earn respect from everyone, especially our teachers. So, it was no surprise to see her in a cafe near the campus with her books. She diligently took notes on each page, flipping back to get extra notes and then flipping forward to re-read certain sections. She had a packet of Bourbon biscuits with her and as she snacked away, she heard a few footsteps come by her. Looking up, she saw a little girl sit down besides her; her gaze was locked in on the biscuits. Giggling to herself, she grabbed two of the biscuits from her packet and gave it to the girl.

"If you wanted some, all you had to do was ask, you know?" (Y/N) teased the little girl, playfully tapping her nose. The girl squealed in response and whispered a small "thank you" before hurriedly running over to her mom. As she was walking away, (Y/N) propped her elbow on the table and leaned her head against the mom, smiling to herself at what just happened. It was a peaceful, sweet moment. One that couldn't possibly be ruined by any one other than -

"Hi (Y/N)!" Sachein called out, running towards her table. (Y/N) groaned, rolling her eyes as she realized that nothing good could ever happen to her without Sachein coming by to cause a scene. She hoisted her book up, blocking his view of her and continued to study. Sachein had stopped in front of her, hands on his hips as he craned his neck around to get a good look at the young girl in front of him.

"Every time I see you, you're always studying..." He exclaimed, smiling. He brought his finger out and slowly lowered her book, but frowned when he noticed her unwavering glare. 

"What do you want, Sachein?" She scoffed, slamming her book, firmly. He jumped, pulling his finger away just in time before it could've been smushed with the pages. He shrugged his shoulders, cracking his knuckles before continuing,

"I have a very bad habit, you know..." 

"Annoying people?" (Y/N) offered and Sachein shook his head,

"No, no, no, I never annoy people," He grinned and before she could argue, he quickly finished his sentence, "Whenever I see something that I like, I just have to say it!"

"And... what does that have to do with me?" (Y/N) huffed out, chewing on another Bourbon biscuit. Sachein sighed, seating himself besides her. 

"I think it's really cute the way you eat Bourbon biscuits..." He laughed and she glared at him again, "And the way you gave your two biscuits to that little girl and then tapped her nose? Even cuter! See, you're always stuck up in your own little world, wanting to study but you never mingle with others and make friends!"

"That's because I'm here to study, Sachein, unlike you-"

"Na enna indha college-ku vandhu padam pakka vandhena? Naanum paddika thaan vandhen," Sachein explained, gesturing with his hands. (Y/N) scoffed at his words and rolled her eyes yet again, "Listen, I know you want to become the top student in this college but relax! Have some fun!"

He waited with bated breath to hear her response but she simply waved him away with her hand. As she returned back to studying, Sachein drummed his hands against the table and sighed, "What do you like to do for fun?"

"Does it matter?" She shot back, her eyes glued onto her book.

"Well, everyone has something they like to do. Even Shalini likes to do-"

"Well, Shalini has a lot of time to roam around because of the major she chose to study. Sachein," She grumbled, closing her book, "I'm not that easy to impress, you know. You can try all you want, I'm just not going to warm up to you."

Upon hearing the words, "try all you want", Sachein started smiling to himself. He looked around the cafe, before leaning in closer to (Y/N). She furrowed her brows, widening her eyes as she leaned backwards. She seemed a bit confused and unsure of what he was going to do or say to her at the moment, but she decided to be quiet and let him solve that mystery for her.

"Is that a bet?" He asked with a teasing smile and (Y/N) pursed her lips, thinking about it for some time. She shrugged after some thought and slowly nodded her head,

"Yeah, it's a bet. A bet that I'll win, anyway. I mean it's the truth, no matter what you plan on doing Sachein, I'm still going to be indifferent towards you." She said in a haughty tone, her head held high. Sachein laughed, nodding his head at her words, before snapping his fingers. At the sudden noise, she almost fell back from the bench she was sitting on and she glowered at him. Holding on to the edge of the table, she jerked her head upwards as if gesturing for him to say something. He waited, patiently taking his time to get her full undivided attention before grinning,

"I bet you in 30 days that you'll drop all your books and come running to spend time with me." Sachein stood up, draping his bag over his shoulder as he said so. (Y/N) also stood up, grabbing her books and Bourbon packet before shaking her head,

"I have an exam in 30 days, good luck with that, Sachein. I'll be studying the whole time. Unless, of course I ask for tutoring help."

"When I say spend time with me," Sachein laughed, "I don't mean tutoring. I mean, genuinely wanting to hang out with me."

"As a friend?" (Y/N) questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Or more." Sachein responded with a cheeky smile, "It's all up to you, really."

"No chance," (Y/N) scoffed, running a hand through her hair. She laughed at his foolishness and walked out of the cafe. She glanced over her shoulder to see Sachein staring at her with that smile of his and she guffawed at the sight of his playfulness. He really had no idea what he was in store for her, he was definitely going to lose this bet. As she walked away and out of his sight, Ayyasaamy had entered the cafe with his sunglasses, brushing past the crowded place as he stalked over to Sachein.

"Hey, Sachein, I kept searching everywhere for you man, what are you doing here?" The man asked and Sachein scowled at him, before resting his arm on the former's shoulder,

"I'm planning on winning a bet."

"Another bet? With who?" Ayyasaamy asked with intrigue.

Sachein chuckled, stealing the man's glasses before putting it on himself, "Can't tell you, enna adhulaam oru thozhil ragasiyam, Ayyasaamy." And with that, Sachein exited the cafe as well, eager to win the bet.