Chapter 50 - Clashing views, bouquets of Begonia and Geranium.

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message/communication apparatus]

Date: Mid-October 1088

Location: Somewhere in Kjerag.

POV: Narrator

[We have a confirmed report that an Adeptus Official had become a victim of a car bomb!] A woman could be seen flicking around the channel with her remote, but no matter where; the content is the same. A terror attack had happened amidst the 21st Major. There is no doubt that K.G.C.C. is currently running around doing damage control in the background, something of this scale could reflect badly on Kazimierz... and that's what puzzles her the most.

"Just what the hell is happening there... I feel bad for Nel in saying this but... that was a sloppy job. The whole thing felt like a last-minute group presentation with the project leads just winging it and hoping for something to stick." The woman is none other than Nyx and she is deeply confused and angered.

She then sees a few minutes clip that shows the follow-up assault. The recording is from a CCTV near the area. She watches how the perpetrators tried, and failed, to overwhelm the Campaign Knight who is protecting the wounded, and unconscious, friend of hers. She also sees how Degenbrecher made quick work of anyone trying to flank around.

The Pythia noted how quite a few of those who fought Degenbrecher looked enraged and pretty much going total apeshit. She was being bombarded by sporadic Arts attacks that made the Knight look like a playfight by comparison. It doesn't take long for her to conclude that they hate the Caprinae Champion with their soul.

"Just what the hell am I looking at? Instead of being intimidated, they went the complete opposite way. Either Leithanien hate boner is just that strong or there is something else at play..." She mused this contradicting situation.

Nyx had sparred against Degenbrecher and she knew just how scary strong she was as a fighter. She often felt apprehension when Degenbrecher's whole fist came crashing down on her face, yet from the recording here she sees how those who are enraged cared little for that. If Nyx was to compare Degenbrecher's uppercut to something then it would be like being smashed by a sledgehammer while the person wielding it was riding a motorcycle.

She lost count of how many times she lost consciousness instantly for a few seconds and just to make it clear, Nyx felt jack shit from an ordinary Ursus full-powered punch while those who are trained felt like mosquito bites. The Black Knight is the scant few who could hurt the Grey Serpent. Nyx turned her attention back to the news.

[The National Council had confirmed that the perpetrators are part of the Leithanien terrorist group. The details are hazy at the moment, but Adeptus Official who was a victim has been stabilized. Said official was none other than the infamous Internal Secretary Nelka Ramona. The last report showed her to be close with the 2 times-in-a-row champion. They were forced to take-] another channel...

[... So that's why I think that it would reflect poorly on our champion's fame. I mean just think about it, she attracts all manners of trouble! Then again, her fanatical fanbase is still enough as a breakwater.]

[Now hang on there, we can't be so sure now, can we?] A gossiping channel, the woman chuckles while being unamused. She flicks towards another channel and this one appears to be more formal.

[Nelka Ramona, 30, has recently been on the rise. She was dubbed as one of Kazimierz's most influential women while maintaining her charm and business acumen. She is famous for being one of the Wladirosa's most successful entrepreneurs. Miss Ramona has cultivated her image as a prolific investor in beauty products and fashion. Rumors abound that she has been approached by Marthe for modeling more than a few times.]