[U] Chapter 8 - 1076, Mask Off, Farewell

"Mono/Dialogue"

'Inner thoughts'

Narration

[Message]

Date: March 1076

Location: Bounty hunters and mercenary HQ, Northern Kazimierz

POV: Narrator

A tavern has been turned into a temporary HQ for K.G.C.C contractors. This place is quite spacious and located as close as possible to be reached from all over the country easily.

They didn't open a temporary HQ in a mobile city due to security reasons and the fact that the countryside is in desperate need of capital investment, something K.G.C.C. can't possibly pass up.

Mercenaries come from all over the place around Terra, but Sarkaz mercenaries are the most common. They're a people who excelled in warfare, something that has been cultivated, courtesy of their oppression for millenniums. These Sarkaz are a belligerent sort of bunch, but they get jobs assigned to them done with the highest chance of success... until she joins the hunt.

A single, lighter shade, grey bike had arrived and parked itself in front of the building. The mercenaries and bounty hunters that had been crowding the entrance made way for a certain Pythian lady. Those who know death daily can vividly feel how positively drenched she is with the smell of death.

Her notoriety and certain moniker were enough to warrant that much, else you would need a painful remainder. The last incident was still a crystal clear event living rent-free inside their head.

"Here and give me the payment as usual." Nyx said curtly while handing my subjugation proof, need to maintain her mask after all. Mercenaries are a bunch that let their abilities do the talking. Problems were solved through fist exchange and some broken bones... and death...

And she is proficient at causing extreme amounts of pain with utmost haste. She is both respected and feared after turning several bounty hunters who tried to nab her head for a hefty bounty into minced meat while looking bored and uncaring all the same. It is very hard to forget how she killed 10 people, one for each second, who tried to mess with her.

Another one was when she just shot through the bystander that was taken hostage. It was a real stain on her name, but also a commitment to get the heck out of dodge. Her desirability to rescue someone is so low that anyone who tries to get her with that kind of job is being questioned whether they are commissioning for an assassination in a roundabout manner.

"Understood, is there anything else you would need?" The receptionist's nerves are being strained, she was just an ordinary, run-of-the-mill, kuranta corporate lady who got the misfortune of being reassigned here. Added to the fact of who she is talking to at the moment...

"Hmm... I don't know..." Nyx leaned in closer, even with her blank face, which made the receptionist subtly blush.

"Do you have red contracts worth my time?"

"I... Yes! There are available contracts that might be worth your time." She was about to get charmed... but managed to snap herself out with professionalism alone. Truly the prowess of a well-experienced wage slave is nothing to scoff at.

"Then what might those be?"

"A group of outlaws has been spotted not far from Grunwelt, while there are reports about problems regarding the increasing infestation of dire tuskbeasts near Strelz-Holt. They had been categorized as red but... with your reputation in mind, it might be no different for barely being yellow, Lady Nyx."