Chapter 17

Y/n took a deep breath, gathering her courage as she looked at Jimin and Jungkook.

"I know that things have been complicated between us," she began, her voice steady despite the turmoil in her heart. "But I need to know... how do you both really feel about me?"

Jimin shifted uncomfortably. "I... I care about you a lot, Y/n," he admitted, his voice filled with sincerity. "You've always been there for us, and I... I don't want to lose that."

Jungkook's expression softened, his eyes searching Y/n's face for a moment before he spoke. "I feel the same way," he confessed quietly, his voice tinged with vulnerability. "You mean a lot to me, Y/n. More than I can put into words."

"Thank you," she said softly, her voice filled with gratitude. "I care about both of you too, more than you'll ever know."

As Jimin and Jungkook exchanged glances, tension simmered between them, their emotions running high in the confined space of Y/n's room.

"Guys, please," Y/n interjected, her voice laced with concern. "Let's not let this come between us."

Jimin's jaw tensed, his frustration evident as he turned to Jungkook. "She's right," he said firmly, his tone brooking no argument. "We can't let jealousy tear us apart."

Jungkook's eyes narrowed, his pride wounded by Jimin's words. "I'm not jealous," he retorted defensively, his voice tinged with defiance. "I just don't like seeing you getting so close to her."

Y/n sighed....while smiling at them.

"Can we talk about this later?" Jimin muttered through clenched teeth.

Jungkook scoffed, his eyes flashing with defiance. "Why? So you can keep pretending like nothing's wrong?"

Y/n's heart sank at the bitterness in their voices. "Guys, please," she pleaded, her voice tinged with desperation. "We need to find a way to work through this."

Jimin shot Y/n a glance, his frustration directed at her as well. "This isn't about you, Y/n," he snapped, his words cutting like a knife.

Jungkook's jaw clenched, his anger simmering just beneath the surface. "Maybe it should be," he retorted bitterly, his gaze challenging Jimin.

Y/n, without thinking twice, grabbed each of them and planted a kiss on their cheeks.

"You two fight a lot," she stated firmly, her tone leaving no room for argument as she stepped back from the bed.

Jimin and Jungkook exchanged surprised glances, the tension between them momentarily forgotten as they processed Y/n's actions.

Y/n sighed, her frustration bubbling to the surface. "My point is that we can't keep fighting like this," she explained, her voice tinged with exasperation. "We're supposed to be friends, aren't we?"

Y/n grabbed Jimin and Jungkook by the hands and led them out of her room and into the lounge.

"Come on, let's watch a movie," she declared, her voice infused with enthusiasm as she ushered them onto the couch.

Jimin and Jungkook exchanged hesitant glances and they settled in to watch the movie with her.

Y/n tried to act normal, putting on a bright smile as she turned to Jimin and Jungkook. "So, what do you guys want to watch?" she asked, her voice light and casual.

Jimin shrugged, glancing at Jungkook for input. "I'm up for anything," he replied with a small smile.

Jungkook nodded in agreement. "Yeah, me too," he chimed in, his expression mirroring Jimin's.

Y/n smiled, relieved that they were willing to go along with her suggestion. "Great! How about we watch that new action movie that just came out?" she suggested, already reaching for the remote.

As they settled on the couch and the movie began to play.

"Hey, what's up?" Taehyung greeted as he entered the lounge, noticing the tense atmosphere immediately.

Y/n flashed him a small smile. "Hey, Tae. We're just watching a movie," she replied, gesturing to the screen.

Taehyung nodded, taking in the strained expressions on Jimin and Jungkook's faces. "Everything okay?" he asked, concern lacing his voice.

Y/n exchanged a quick glance with Jimin and Jungkook before replying, "Yeah, we're just hanging out."

But Taehyung wasn't convinced. "Are you sure? You guys seem a little... off," he pointed out, his eyes narrowing slightly.

Jimin and Jungkook exchanged a glance. "It's nothing, Tae," Jimin finally admitted, his tone forced.

Taehyung frowned, sensing that there was more to the story than they were letting on. "Okay, well, if you need to talk about anything, I'm here," he offered, his voice sincere.

Y/n nodded gratefully, relieved to have Taehyung's support. "Thanks, Tae. We appreciate it," she said, a small smile tugging at her lips.

And as they settled back into the movie, Taehyung's presence served as a comforting reminder that no matter what challenges they faced, they were all in this together.

 AFTER THE MOVIE Y/N HEADED OFF TO BED.

As Y/n headed off to bed, Taehyung turned to Jimin and Jungkook with a furrowed brow. "Okay, spill it. What's going on?" he demanded, his tone firm.

Jimin exchanged a hesitant glance with Jungkook before speaking up. "It's just... things have been a little tense between us lately," he admitted, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Jungkook nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we've been having some disagreements," he added, his gaze fixed on the floor.

Taehyung frowned. "Disagreements about what?" he pressed, his curiosity piqued.

Jimin hesitated for a moment before speaking up. "It's about Y/n," he confessed, his voice barely above a whisper.

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise. "Y/n? What about her?" he asked, his concern growing.

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It's complicated," he admitted, his expression troubled.

But Taehyung wasn't about to let them off the hook that easily. "Guys, come on. We promised not to fight over this," 

And as Jimin and Jungkook exchanged hesitant glances.

"But what if she wants one of us?" Taehyung finally spoke up, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Jimin and Jungkook exchanged a knowing glance, understanding the depth of Taehyung's concern. "Even if she does, it doesn't change the fact that we want what's best for her," Jimin replied, his voice firm.

Jungkook nodded in agreement. "Yeah, as much as it may hurt, we have to be selfless in this," he added, his expression resolute.

Taehyung sighed, running a hand through his hair as he grappled with his emotions. He knew that their intentions were noble, but the thought of Y/n choosing someone else over him left a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Maybe... maybe you both should help her," Taehyung suggested tentatively, breaking the heavy silence that had settled over them.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise at the suggestion. "help her with what?," he asked, his voice laced with uncertainty.

Taehyung placed a reassuring hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "remember when y/n left Korea all of a sudden. u guys have any idea why she left?," he asked

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair as he mulled over Taehyung's words. "Yeah, she said she couldn't afford much and she had to go away from Korea," he said.

Taehyung shook his head. "No, she lied when she said she was studying aboard. She had abusive parents, she was sold off to many families and no one accepted her for who she is, and the fact that you guys are fighting over her and making her uncomfortable is going to get worse for her than it already has. We are her only family, who she can be herself with ," he confessed.