Chapter 16

Jungkook's heart raced as he watched Jin return from Y/n's room, his mind buzzing with questions and worries.

"Hyung, how is she?" he asked anxiously, his voice tinged with concern.

Jin sighed, his expression solemn. "She's struggling," he admitted, his tone heavy with regret. "But she's trying to figure things out."

Jungkook nodded, his heart sinking with the weight of Jin's words. "I just want her to be okay," he murmured, his voice filled with genuine concern.

Jin placed a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "We all do," he reassured him, his gaze warm with understanding. "We just have to give her time."

"Who do you think she'll choose?" Jimin asked quietly, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Jungkook sighed, his brows furrowing in thought. "I don't know," he admitted, his tone heavy with regret. "I just hope she chooses what's best for her."

Taehyung nodded in agreement, his expression somber. "Me too," he murmured, his voice filled with concern. "But I can't help but worry."

Jimin sighed, his gaze distant as he considered their friend's predicament. "I just want her to be happy," he confessed softly, his voice tinged with sadness.

Y/n's footsteps echoed softly in the room, drawing the attention of the three boys. Their eyes met hers.

Jimin's gaze faltered, guilt weighing heavily on his shoulders as he looked away. "Y/n, I..." he began, his voice trailing off uncertainly.

Y/n held up a hand, a small smile gracing her lips. "It's okay," she reassured them, her voice gentle yet firm. 

Y/n took a deep breath, meeting their gazes with determination. "I've realized that I can't choose between you," she admitted.

The boys exchanged surprised glances, uncertainty flickering in their eyes. "What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, his voice tinged with confusion.

Y/n smiled softly, a sense of clarity washing over her. "I love each of you equally," she explained, her voice filled with sincerity. "And I don't want to lose any of you."

Jimin's eyes widened in realization, a glimmer of hope sparking in his chest. "So, what are you saying?" he asked eagerly, his voice tinged with anticipation.

Y/n took a step forward, her gaze unwavering as she met each of their eyes in turn. "I want us to stay together," she said firmly, her voice filled with determination. "As friends, as a family."

As her words sank in, a sense of relief washed over the boys.

Y/n's smile faltered slightly. "But," she began, her voice hesitant as she struggled to find the right words.

The boys exchanged concerned glances, sensing the shift in her demeanor. "What is it, Y/n?" Taehyung asked softly, his voice filled with gentle concern.

Y/n took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to say. "I can't ignore the fact that this situation has caused all of us pain," she admitted, her voice tinged with regret. "And I don't want to keep hurting any of you."

Jungkook's brows furrowed in confusion, his heart sinking with apprehension. "What are you saying?" he asked, his voice trembling slightly.

Y/n met his gaze, her eyes filled with sorrow. "I caused too much pain. I didn't mean to say that to you Jungkook," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper. 

"It's okay, y/n" Jungkook says. 

As her words hung in the air, a heavy silence descended upon the room, each of them grappling with the weight of her decision. Deep down, they knew she was right, but that didn't make it any easier to accept.

"Come on, you three," Jin said with a playful grin, stepping between Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung. "Let's put an end to this emotional trauma thingy."

The boys looked at Jin, surprised by his sudden lightheartedness in such a tense moment.

"Jin, this is serious," Jimin said, his tone reflecting the gravity of the situation.

"I know, I know," Jin replied, waving his hand dismissively. "But sulking around like sad puppies isn't going to solve anything. We need to keep our heads up and face this like the grown-ups we are."

His words elicited a small chuckle from the others, despite the heaviness of their hearts.

"We can't let this situation tear us apart," Jin continued, his voice firm yet filled with warmth. "We're stronger together, remember?"

His words struck a chord with them, reminding them of the bond they shared and the strength they found in each other.

With a shared nod, they agreed to put aside their worries for the moment and focus on supporting each other through the challenges ahead.

As they gathered around the table, the atmosphere slowly began to lighten. Jin served up a hearty breakfast.

"Dig in, everyone," Jin said cheerfully, passing around plates of steaming eggs and crispy bacon.

They ate in companionable silence.

As they finished their meal, Jin clapped his hands together with a satisfied grin. "Well, that hit the spot," he said, leaning back in his chair. "What's next on the agenda, boys?"

They exchanged smiles, grateful for the brief respite from their troubles. With Jin's infectious energy leading the way, they knew they could face whatever lay ahead, together.

Jimin glanced at his phone, scrolling through their schedule for the day. "Looks like it's just you, me, and Y/n," he said, turning to Jungkook with a smile.

Jungkook nodded, his expression brightening at the prospect of spending time together. "Sounds good to me," he replied, a hint of excitement in his voice.

Y/n smiled gratefully.

With their plans for the day settled, they set off to make the most of their time together.

The rest of the members were busy with their schedule besides Jimin and Jungkook.

She motioned for them to sit down, taking a deep breath to steady her nerves.

"I need to apologize," she began, her voice trembling slightly as she looked at them both. "For everything that happened that night."

Jimin's expression softened with understanding, his eyes filled with remorse. "I'm so sorry, Y/n," he said quietly, his voice laced with regret. "I never meant to hurt you."

Y/n's heart ached at the sincerity in his words, and she reached out to embrace him. "It's okay, Jimin," she whispered, her voice filled with forgiveness.

But before she could say anything else, Jungkook's jealousy flared up, his emotions bubbling to the surface. "Why are you hugging her?" he demanded, his voice tinged with frustration and hurt.

Y/n pulled away from Jimin's embrace, her gaze softening as she looked at Jungkook. "It's okay, Jungkook," she reassured him, reaching out to him as well. "There's nothing to be jealous about."

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, his heart torn between jealousy and longing. But then, he let out a sigh, his walls crumbling as he leaned into Y/n's embrace, seeking solace in her warmth.

Together, the three of them sat in silence, the weight of their emotions hanging heavy in the air.