🌊 eleven 🌊

After their intense spat Serenity and Saint found it best to focus all their energy on getting to the twelfth deck

After their intense spat Serenity and Saint found it best to focus all their energy on getting to the twelfth deck. They were currently on the tenth, making their way to the eleventh. "You go first." He instructs, stepping aside to let Serenity crawl into the small vent. Now that the fire escape had been flooded the two found it best to make their way to the control room through the air vents with the help of the Spirits who were guiding Saint to their best ability through the sunken vessel that was going further into the Atlantic with a limited amount of air left.

"If we don't die from drowning we will from lack of water. I'm so thirsty and my head is spinning." Serenity whimpers, leading the way through the vents.

"Just keep going, we're almost there." Saint assures her, growing tired himself. It had been two full days since either one of the ate let alone had something to drink. The only thing keeping them alive was their dedication to make it out alive. "Saint I'm getting w-weak." Serenity exhales a shaking breath, inhaling a sharp one moments later. Her eyes begin to flutter as she starts seeing doubles, dizzy and left in a daze. She sits up and presses her back against the steel wall.

"I can't go any further, just leave me here." She had reached her breaking point, unable to continue on due to lack of food, proper sleep and the fact that her mind couldn't stop thinking about the words the two had exchanged. At this point she found it best to give up and throw the towel in. The task at hand was far too much for her to endure plus, Saint had yet to tell her what they'd do next once retrieving the helm but that was only because the spirits themselves refused to tell him. If they did he'd back down on their bargain leaving them to spend more centuries trapped until someone else came along to help free them.

"Come on baby don't give up now we're so close!" He speaks, trying his best to uplift her mood even though he too was close to giving up. His own body had went through a whirlwind of terror. From being possessed more than once, bitten by a possessed passanger as well as a shark down to his own air supply being cut off from the spirits who forced him to swim in the depths in search of the very key they needed to get to the control room.

"Why are you so sure that we'll make it out alive?" Serenity questions through shallow breaths, her eyes too tired to stay open.

"For you... I mean I deserve to die... You on the other hand don't so you have to fight for you.... Your mom. You gotta make it back home to her and I'm not talking about in a body bag." Serenity nods, listening to his every word as she tries to keep herself awake but her brain was now shutting down causing her body to do the same. "I miss my mom...so much." She whimpers, shifting to lean her head more against the cold metal wall.

"I know so keep going for her, Serenity." He utters pressing his back against the wall himself as the thought of his mother crosses his mind. The last time he had spoke to her was over a month ago and it was a heated discussion that left the two to ignore one another. Tears begin to fill his brown eyes at the thought of never seeing her again and the fact that the last thing he told her was that he hated her.