31: the gamer and the manager (2)

Почніть із самого початку

Yet, he was never caught.

"Ahn Eun-Byeol is a headache for the police," the bodyguard spoke after he saw Choi Sooho close the folder. "Even though he'd been a witness and a suspect every time, they could never throw him to jail because he always ended up innocent.

"Furthermore, he has been in contact with gangsters since he was a child. From what we've investigated, most of the groups around Seoul and nearby cities answer to his call. We've been on high alert ever since but there's been no movements in Seoul right now.

"And, young master, I'm afraid that even if we stop searching for them now, Ahn Eun-Byeol would still hunt us down."

Choi Sooho's complexion turned as pale as snow, hands trembling in fear. Fuck, what kind of monster did I provoke?

...

Yoo Junghyuk glanced out the window from inside the cottage, seeing Eun-Byeol's figure sitting outside on a stump, talking with someone on the phone. Even though he wanted to go out and eavesdrop, Junghyuk's body refused to go outside.

This sub scenario was like a stage play where everyone in it were the actors. They have to follow the script and have no free will or ability to do an impromptu. All Junghyuk could do was watch as scenes after scenes played right in front of him.

This made him wonder what the beau was thinking about.

Also, it made Junghyuk think—how could someone like Eun-Byeol, who was like a king, die? When the beau stepped out earlier, he was certain that Eun-Byeol had gone out to kill their pursuers.

There were no blood splatters or any signs of a fight on his person, which meant that one should not offend Eun-Byeol since the consequences would be dire.

Even observing him from afar, Junghyuk, as someone who regressed and experienced many life and death scenarios, ascertained that Eun-Byeol had gone through the same thing... despite the fact that the Star Stream had yet to arrive.

This begs the question; who exactly was Eun-Byeol?

Right now, all he knew about this person was that he worked as a part-time manager and a full-time computer scientist.

...

The door clicked open, pulling Junghyuk out of his train of thoughts.

"You haven't eaten yet?" Eun-Byeol turned to him with furrowed eyebrows. "The fridge is fully-stocked, you know? I had it filled before I picked you up."

The manager paused, carefully checking Junghyuk's slightly pale complexion before sighing in helplessness. "You rest and I'll cook, alright? You can wash the dishes later."

"Okay."

The gamer's reaction was quite understandable. He probably had never experienced being chased down by some rich second-generation brat, or being hunted down for his life for that matter. Ahn Eun-Byeol, the manager, could only play down their situation a bit in front of Junghyuk.

As for Mia, that kid should be hidden quite well from the danger. He couldn't hide Junghyuk that way because he needed this guy to lure out the snake from its lair.

It's best to pull the roots instead of cutting down the grass. That way, Choi Sooho can't retaliate in the future and cause any more disturbance. Plus, Eun-Byeol was having fun chasing down this prey.

It has been a while since, you know, he dealt with a pest.

...

It didn't take the manager long to fix up dinner. The two of them ate in the living room while the news played on the television.