3: the pitiful beau

Original Chapters (Manhwa): 13~20
3: the pitiful beau

.

.

Kim Dokja was sure of it.

Eun-Byeol sunbae appeared at the bridge, holding a bloody baseball bat. But how?

There were no characters with the name Ahn Eun-Byeol nor any characters that had the same physical characteristics as his sunbae. Dokja was also certain that Eun-Byeol sunbae never read TWSA because he had no interest in webnovels.

So, how did he survive? The only reason he managed to get this far, and why there were additional survivors in cabin 3807 was because Dokja knew what would happen. Wait, sunbae was never normal to begin with! If that was so, even if Eun-Byeol survived, wouldn't he be in a different place?!

Before he left Mino Soft, he met Eun-Byeol who was on his way to the underground parking lot. By the time he reached the train station, Eun-Byeol should have already been on his way. Then, how come he saw sunbae at the bridge?!

Plus, Jonghyuk was still there.

Even if sunbae was not normal, he was not a match for Yoo Jonghyuk, The Regressor. Even if he was not close to Eun-Byeol, Dokja felt uneasy leaving sunbae behind with that bastard. After all, although Eun-Byeol became an infamous figure in the company and despite how he 'manipulated' his team members, Eun-Byeol sunbae genuinely looked after the people who were nice to him.

There was also a time when Dokja made a crucial mistake at work and it was Eun-Byeol who helped him get out of the mess.

For all his manipulative personality and ruthless behaviour, Ahn Eun-Byeol was not a bad person. He clearly distinguished between the bad and kind people. So, even though Eun-Byeol sunbae had an infamous reputation, to workers like Dokja, their sunbae was the best—though, he was still scary.

But that sunbae might suddenly die in that bastard's hands!

He needed to get out of here!

...

Kim Dokja had just finished dealing with the thugs from Cheoldu Group and reached the station where survivors gathered. He managed to reunite with his group and there, Eun-Byeol sunbae welcomed him back with a smile.

"Dokja-shi, it seems you're not as hopeless as I thought you would be."

A fake chuckle escaped him. "Sunbae, you're kidding me. I'm just lucky." Kim Dokja caught Lee Gilyoung who embraced him tightly around the waist. Dokja caught up with everything after Sangah and Hyunsung filled him in on what happened after they got separated.

It turned out Eun-Byeol sunbae had been looking after everyone without so much a word from him.

"Everyone out of the way!"

A group of people arrived holding steel pipes, bats, and other weapons. They surrounded Dokja and company. However, among the people who arrived, there was also Han Myungoh who screeched in terror at the sight of Dokja.

"K, Kim Dokja! Get him out of here! He's the worst! Downright evil, in fact! He shouldn't be here!"

Kim Dokja: "..." How nice. I haven't even paid you back yet for abandoning me, jerk!

"Han Myungoh," a shaky voice suddenly replied, stunning everyone. All eyes turned towards who spoke and found a teary-eyed Eun-Byeol.

Kim Dokja's jaw almost dropped to the ground.

"Han Myungoh ah, how could you be so cruel. It was Dokja-shi who saved you. How could you betray your saviour?!" Like a damsel in distress, like a righteous heroine in a novel, Ahn Eun-Byeol cried at the injustice. The surrounding people grew sympathetic and began shooting hostile glances at Han Myungoh who grew flustered.