Chapter Thirty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Oh… So that's why I don't have any toes." I pondered as I put down the pop tart and let my eyes wander downward. 

Liam's eyes immediately snapped down to my feet, which had ten toes. He breathed out all of a sudden and I burst into laughter. Not the 'hehe that was funny hehe' it was more of a 'oh my gosh I literally cannot breath I think I need to go to the hospital' kind of laughter. The kind that leaves you on the floor in a fetal position. "Get up. Seriously. Not that funny."

"What did you do to Al?" Harry asked, peering into the kitchen. Once he saw me on the ground, he stepped onto the tile floor and crouched beside me, puzzled by my laugh attack. 

I reached out and grabbed ahold of his upper arm, hoisting myself slowly while still laughing. "He…" I started, before becoming overcome with laughter once again. I tried to calm, breathing in and out before finally looking Harry in the eye. "Liam thought I didn't have any toes."

"What?" Harry seemed to be more puzzled now, as I continued to hold onto his arm, leaning into him just a bit. Dude was buff, yet comfortable. Like a pillow.

"Say 'I' if you think Al is on drugs." Niall, who apparently had been behind Harry, spoke up as he walked up to me.

"I." Liam and Harry chorused.

"I am not! Dude, Liam believed me when I said I didn't have any toes. It was funny!" I protested, arms crossing and an annoyed expression taking place of my previous laughing face. 

"Psh, I didn't believe you. I was trying to make you laugh - in which I succeeded in doing." Liam crossed his own arms, a victorious grin flashing across his face.

"Yeah, sure. Bro, you're not an actor. Back to the real issue here… I can't freaking open the pop tart!" I produced the tinfoil wrapping, trying once again to open it. 

"Let me try," Niall offered, his hand reaching for it. I considered my options for a moment before letting him take him. He ripped it open. "Aha, all you needed was a strong man!"

"Ha! Ha! That's funny!" I said with great sarcasm. "Okay, well it was great talking to you three, but alas… I must go conquer the world." 

"Where are you going?" Niall asked as I started to head towards the door. I was extremely aware of the fact the three were following me.

"You guys are like puppies who don't know where to go so they just attach themselves to the first human they see and follow them everywhere." I didn't answer his question, turning to give them an annoyed look.

"Woof?" Harry offered a weak bark.

I cracked a small smile.

"Ah! The ice queen is melting!" Liam declared. 

"Stop." I held out a palm to add emphasis to the word. "I'm going to go talk to my best friend."