CHAPTER 1

"Mabuhay! Philippine Airlines welcomes you to Manila. Time now is 34 minutes
hour of 12 in the afternoonand and date today is 9th of February 2019."

Sound from the intercom awakened me from my deep slumber. I looked at the window and saw how bright the sky was.

"Please remain seated with your seatbelt fastened until aircraft comes to complete stop, and fasten seatbelts signs are switched off." I remained seated as the flight attendant said, my hands felt cold out of nervousness since it has been so long since the last time I rode a plane. "For passengers who need assistance, please deplane last. Our cabin crew will assist you and endorse you to our ground staff."

"On behalf of Captain Ejercito and the rest of the crew, we thank you for flying with PAL. The heart of Filipino."

I felt goosebumps as soon as the plane landed, it felt like we just bumped on something hard, I guess the one piloting this aircraft is not that experienced and skilled compared to the one piloting the plane I rode nearly 10 years ago.

"As we enter the ramp area, please remain seated until the fasten seatbelt signs are switched off. "

Moments later, I found myself standing under the scorching heat of the sun, accompanied by my sister's endless complains. I sighed in frustration as I wiped the sweat off my forehead. I hope she realizes she's not the only one having trouble with the weather. Nanay Lucille is shaking her head while looking at my sister in disbelief.

"Malabong magbago iyang kapatid mo, tsk." She sounds so hopeless while eyeing my sister. I looked at her and saw how much she sweated, who wouldn't when she's wearing a trench coat.

'Hay... never talagang nag t-think'

We ignored her complains and walked out of the airlines. Just as we walked through the exit, I noticed a black limousine parked together with our things.

'This must be our sundo, so cool... '

A man in which I think was in his fifties came out of the car. I glanced at Nanay Lucille and noticed how she stared at the man who is already walking towards us. If looks could kill, the man will surely be laying on the floor the moment Nanay's has landed on him. I tapped her shoulder softly. " Nanay, is something the matter?" She glanced at me, her eyes softened.

"Wala naman nak', may nakita lang akong bwiset, tsk." Her eyes flew back to the man in black. He was already standing in front of us.

"Good afternoon, ladies. Welcome to the Philippines. " He's got a good accent. He is a handsome man, he's tall and lean, despite his old age, I can still see how good looking he is. Reason why I don't understand the deadly glares that Nanay Lucille has been sending him, I wonder if her eyes are hurting. And he doesn't seem to mind. I came to the thought that they know each other, or perhaps they're enemies.

He glanced at Nanay and gave her a beautiful smile. "Good afternoon, Lucille. " I'm sensing something in the atmosphere.

Nanay rolled her eyes dramatically, "Walang good sa tanghali kung ikaw ang babati, Armando...," anger is visible in her voice. "Tabi!" She intentionally nudged his shoulder.

'Gosh, Nanay is so maattitude... unbelievable...'

Mr. Armando glanced at us, smiling as if nothing awkward just happened. "I never knew your nanny has got that awful attitude." She eyed the car in disgust, I felt my blood boil by the way she stares at the car where Nanay is in.