PROLOGUE

Whispers of cold breeze in the air, the dancing trees and fallen leaves, the smell of blooming flowers, and the frozen melody of the birds singing is what I hear while sitting on the branch of my favorite tree in our garden.

Peace...

I inhaled the cold air of winter, I smiled and looked at the book that I am holding.

Amor in Silentium...

Such a beautiful book, a book filled with ugly and beautiful mistakes, I did not regret reading this book. I have learned a new lesson today.

Loving isn't just about staying and holding on. In love, you should always let go, especially in a love that is not meant for you.

I jumped off the tree branch and walked towards the flower garden, I sat on the ground covered in snow and plucked a rose, it's bright red, this color symbolizes love. I placed it in the middle of the book, I'll let this dry there, and turn it into a bookmark. I giggled with that thought, roses are really beautiful, that's one of the reasons why I love flowers, the beauty that they hold, and the hidden truth about them, every flower has it's own meaning, it's either a positive or negative meaning, and that's the main reason why I love them. They also reflect my feelings and emotions.

Whenever I feel down, I would always hold a chrysanthemum next to me. There are a lot of flowers that symbolizes sadness, but chrysanthemum is my favorite.

"Senorita, pinapatawag ka po ni ma'am. " I glanced and saw it was Nanay Lucile, she is my nanny, the one that treated me like her own daughter, unlike my mother. I smiled and ran towards her like a child ready to embrace her mother who just got home from work.

"Look nanay, it's pretty right? " I asked as a showed her the rose I picked in between the book pages.

"Maganda nga anak, parang ikaw. " She said and then laughed heartily, she looks so beautiful when she does that.

"Halika, pumasok ba tayo at baka magalit si ma'am kakahintay, kanina pa iyon. " She said and guided me to the living room where I saw my parents and sister chatting.

When my mother's eyes drifted on me, she then stood up and walked towards me.

"Follow me to the library. " She said which I immediately obliged.

She sat on the chair when we arrived at the library, and I just remained standing there.

"What is it that you want, mother? " I asked in the most polite voice that I have.

"I want your sister to explore and live in another country, and as the eldest, I want you to keep an eye on your younger sister. " She said while looking straight into my eyes. My sister is really lucky to have them all in favor of everything that she wants to do. I always wonder if a time will come that they would let me do the things that I badly wanted to do too.

"I don't see why not, to where will we be heading? " I tried to be happy hearing about the news.

"The Philippines, your Nanay Lucile will accompany you. " She added which made me agree with this matter wholeheartedly.
I was smiling from ear to ear as I went out of the room, then I happen to stumble upon my sister who is smirking playfully at me.

"Happy for me, sister?" She asked with her hands on her hips and raised brows.

"Why of course, why wouldn't I be happy for you?" I said while smiling from ear to ear. Truth is that, I'm more happy that Nanay Lucile coming with us. I saw how she dramatically rolled her eyes at me and sighed as if she was so done.