23) There's No Such Thing As Better Things In Life

Começar do início

The beach was already filled with crazy teenagers playing with water-guns and frisbee's and amassing in a large crowd, waiting for the band to get on stage. I fixed my hair in a ponytail and wrapped my blue and black flannel around my waist.

"Oi!" I heard Taylor's voice a few meters behind me and turned around to see her run-walking towards me.

She was wearing an oversized tie dye long shirt, many bracelets and a pair of sunglasses, whilst her hair consisted of long blonde dreads. A pretty cool look, to be honest.

"Hey." I waved with a small smile as she caught up with me.

"The show's going to start in a few minutes. Are you ready?" she asked. I took out my camera.

"I was born ready." I replied, gaining a little confidence.

I was actually always proud of my pictures, they'd always come out exactly like I wanted them. I guess that's because I love taking them, and when you love something it never ends up being disappointing. Taylor shot me a small smile and nodded.

"Okay, I'm going backstage now, before the show starts. Come with me, you're in the first yard." She encouraged and motioned for me to follow her.

I did, and we walked aside the crowd to get finally in front of the stage. Such a large crowd for a local band, but they were known in good part of Massachussetts. It wasn't like Paramore's crowd/stage though, obviously, but it was definitely not bad.

Some people were either trying to rip off Taylor's clothes or a strand of her hair, but luckily they all failed, also thanks to the security guards. Someone even brushed their hand against her butt and she proudly swore against them... That brought me to a slight laugh, it was really funny.

"There we are. Take this..." she said and handed me a pass laced to a twine.

"What's it?"

"If the bodyguards say anything you show it to them and say you're our photographer." She shrugged.

I laughed in the moment I noticed that the 'pass' was actually a piece of paper with the name of the band and the drawing of a camera beside the writing 'band's photographer' and Taylor's signature next to it.

"Yeah, so much of a pass." I chuckled out and Taylor sighed.

"Shush, there's my signature, they won't care." She said and laughed along a bit. She was nice.

"Now it's time for me to do some voice warm-up. Enjoy the show!" she said.

"Alright, bye." I replied and she hurried to the backstage.

After a few minutes of waiting between cheers and yells, the band came upstage. Andy grabbed the microphone from the stand as Taylor walked towards hers.

"What's up you guys!" He shouted into the mic. The crowd shouted back.

"We're Black Veil Brides and today's show is gonna be memorable, scout's honor!" He shouted, setting a hand on his heart. More cheers. The music started playing and that's when I began taking pictures from different angles and spots.

It was the first time anyone commissioned anything from me. Except drawing and taking photos I never fully put myself into anything with fervor. Photography was so... interesting. It exists to capture a moment before it slips away forever, it's like a support to memory. Time doesn't last forever and it's amazing that we're able to actually 'stop' it and trap it into a picture, even though we can't have it back.

It feels like time is fooling everyone, like a beast that can't be tamed, our worst enemy. After all, we can't expect time to return in our hands like a boomerang or to have a second chance to make things better, it goes how it goes. We all have those moments when we would most likely stop the clock, freeze the time and think accurately about how we should really spend it, not wasting a second. "Carpe diem" means "Seize the day" in Latin, catch the moment. And it's probably the best advice ever given, cause life is short, but regret is eternal.