A little help

Little!Virgil Caregiver! Janus.

---

Janus sat on the couch in the living room. The TV blared with some kind of melodramatic soap opera that he was watching ahead of Roman (secretly, of course. Roman would have his head if he knew) and sipped at a class of red wine delicately, swirling his glass ever so often. It was peaceful for a moment.

Until his eye quickly caught sight of a peering head in the doorway.

His view locked on an amber pair that shied away at being caught, and he raised a single brow in his direction. Despite being mostly hidden behind the wall, the flashes of purple stitched into his hoodie were a dead giveaway.

"Virgil?"

Virgil pressed his lips into a fine line, his nails picking at the arch. A couple of flakes peeled off, which quickly made him drop his hand away.

Janus hummed at the display and paused the show in question. He set down his wine and leaned back against the couch. "Virgil, come on out, darling."

Virgil gave a weak hiss at the pet name, his cheeks turning slightly pink, and he sunk further into his hoodie.

"Fuck off."

"You're the one hiding away, what is it?" Janus urges, patting his lap to encourage Virgil a bit further, earning a hesitant stare and then an eye roll as he slipped through the doorway. He wore long fuzzy pajama pants and, as anticipated, his hoodie. Seeing it reminded him that he needed to sneak it away at some point soon so he could wash it. Janus watched as he slugged over, finally dropping himself on the couch. He refused his offer of his lap, curling up on the end of the couch instead. Janus didn't push it, merely putting his hands in his lap as he waited.

Virgil picked at the fuzz on his pants and looked over occasionally while Janus titled his head, waiting.

And waited.

And after a few more moments, Janus tapped his fingers against his thigh.

"Virgil." Virgil groaned and buried his face into his hands as Janus' voice sung through his head, the tips of his ears beginning to burn. Janus scooted over ever so slightly, taking the opportunity of his shyness to do so. "Come now, it can't be that bad." He muses, keeping his tone as gentle as he could to reassure him.

Virgil merely huffs and chokes up a little before taking in a sharp, anxious breath.

Rip it off like a bandaid.

"Ifeelkindalittle." He blurts out, all too fast. Janus blinks for a moment to process and pauses. Oh. Oh. His chest blooms with warmth, taken aback that Virgil came to him so early into his regression instead of having Janus hunt him down.

"I see," Janus was proud of himself for how well he hid the pure joy in his tone.  "And how small is my little one today, hm?"Virgils flourishes with such a cute, rosy red color, obviously teetering on the line of regression, hesitancy burning on his expression as he fidgets. Janus takes a chance and scoots a bit closer, slow and careful, not wanting to scare him away.

"I-I don't know yet." He admits with a small croak in his voice. "I-I...ugh-" He whines a little, and Janus gently holds out his hand, offering a small comfort. Virgil takes it, and Janus lightly squeezes it. "Want help." He finally gets out, glancing at him briefly, and Janus smiles.

"You want help slipping little spider?"

Virgil, although bashful, nods slowly.

Janus' smile widens. "What a brave little one you are, I know that must have taken a lot," He croons, watching as Virgil crumbles a little at his tone. He whines and moves closer, only to bury his face into Janus' shoulder, his noises of complaints growing louder at his coo.