the waiter came and got our orders and the 4 of us chatted while we waited. i was shaking my leg up and down and billie felt it i am guessing. she put her hand on my thigh and did the thumb thing. butterflies blew up in my stomach and i instantly stopped shaking my leg.

we got our food shortly after and billie kept her hand on my thigh throughout the entire meal. unless she needed to cut something, but she would just put her hand right back. we ended up staying in the cafe a little longer just talking when it started to get a little sunnier.

"we should go shopping!" claudia said as we walked out of the cafe. "that actually sounds nice" billie said. we walked to the shopping center and went to many different stores. there was not too many fans that recognized billie yet. which was surprising. me and claudia got lots of makeup and skincare while finneas looked at us like we were crazy. billie also got some aquaphor like she didn't have 24 things of it.

me and billie got parted from finneas and claudia after we went to a few more stores. "oh my gosh billie we have to go in theree" i said as i saw a jewlery place. we walked in there and i saw the most beatiful ring. "billie look at that ring! "i said. the worker pulled it out and showed it to me. i slipped it onto my finger and i instantly fell in love. i thanked the lady and looked at other rings while billie looked at some as well.

we ended up meeting again with the couple as we went out to dinner. it was a place full of couples. it made me a little uncomfortable but i didnt say anything. billie just put her hand on the small of my back and sat down next to me.

"what can i get you two" the waiter asked claudia and finneas taking their order. "and for this lovely couple right here what about you?" he said. billie smiled at me and ordered for the both of us making claudia and finneas whisper things to each other. "what" i asked. finneas smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "i am going to the restroom! "claudia said and got up from the booth. "i second that" finneas said and left following his girlfriend.

we ended up taking our food to go because there was way to many girls noticing the 3 and as we made our way back to our hotel, billie flopped on the bed. "theres going to be fireworks tonight!" i told billie as she turned onto her back. "how do you know" she mumbled into her hair "saw it online! get up we have 10 minutes before it starts" i dragged her out of the hotel and too the rood where we would watch them. no one else was here thankfully so we got to spend some time together alone.

"i got you something" billie said breaking the comfortable silence as we waited for the fireworks. "what is it?" i asked. i was with her all day how could i not see. she pulled something from her pocket and pulled out the ring i had been looking at. my heart sunk at the cute gesture "i saw you looking at it. and i saw the sparkle in your eyes that you had when i bought you those flowers the first time" billie said as she slipped the ring onto my middle finger. "i- thank you billie i dont know what to say" she smiled at me and leaned her head onto my shoulder. "dont mention it" she said. the ring was expensive. not crazy expensive. just too expensive for me. i looked down at it. the fireworks started and a whole bunch of brilliant colors started to spread throughout the sky. "y/n?" billie asked "yes billie?" i replied.

she got up from my shoulder and turned to look at me. "can i kiss you?" she asked. i didnt say anything i just put our lips together and we kissed. the fireworks were still going in the background. but i was experiencing my own fireworks.

as she pulled away from the kiss, she smiled. a real smile. "did you feel that?" billie asked. i had a confused expression on my face and i knew she could tell because she laughed. "no.. feel what?" i felt a little dumb. "those fireworks?" billie said knowingly.

"i sure did" i said and she connected our lips again.

the fireworks ended.

but mine didn't