Chapter 36: Without lifting a finger

Meanwhile Candy had her eyes wide open as she watch the movie before her. It was a romantic movie, Diego had randomly choose. He actually thought it was a dark romance, having blood all over but it turn out to be just romantic.

And this little woman beside him was enjoying it.

"Awwn" Candy smiled when the man saved the girl from falling in the rain. The water wetting both of them.

"The hell?" Diego muttered wishing the movie would just fucking end. It's being two whole damn hours and it's still going on.

The man in the movie stared at her deeply, moving his face close he kissed her.

Candy palmed both hands on her cheek, her face brighting up.

"He kissed her" She squealed. Diego scoffed remembering her word.

'Kiss in the rain'

"How the hell are you enjoying this?" He asked her but the lady kept her eyes on the television.

"Just keep watching, I don't wanna miss this, kissing in the rain is my favorite scene...." She couldn't finish her word when the man held her chin to face her.

"What?" She asked.

"I'm bored" He complained, tilting his head one side. Candy found it cute and smiled.

"Should I feed you popcorn then?" She asked.

"How is that going to.."

"Here" She stretch her hand having popcorn in it. Diego glanced down at the popcorn and then back to her face.

"I don't eat these" He said.

"What? Who doesn't like popcorns. Take them, my hand is Killin me"

"Then drop it"

Candy drop her hand and sighed. "You're one stubborn husband you know?"

Diego wanted to speak but his phone buzz in his pocket. He reached out for it while Candy return her gaze back to the movie.

Diego's eyes flickered with something dangerous seeing the message. He returned his phone and held Candy.

"Let's get out of here" He said pulling her up.

"Huh? But the movie..." She pouted but the man didn't hear and took her out of the place. They entered the car and then zoom off.

"Did something happen? Are we been chase by some bad guys?" She asked.

"No, we are the one chasing them"

"What?!"

"I chase my enemies before they get the chance to chase me. I got a bit distracted, that was why you ended up in the pool. That is never going to happen again" He said and Candy blinked severally.

He taking the revenge for her? So the pool incident was planned and Alexa was part of it. She was right when she saw the smirk on Alexa's face before falling into the water.

Why? Why does she want her dead?

After twenty minutes drive? Diego stopped the car before a building. He pulled out the glove box and took out a gun. Candy's eyes widened..

He is here to kill?

"The person who sent Alexa to drown you was my step mother, Hannah. I got to find her men location to destroy them" He said and her eyes widened the more.

"Y.. you're here.. to kill?" She asked, but got no reply in return. "B..but.. why did you bring me here then?" She asked.

"To watch..." he leaned close and continue. "You should get use to things like this little woman. Cus you'll get to see a lot of them" He smirked.
__