It could've been minutes, it could've been hours, but as soon as those doors opened again, Jin jerked his head in its direction. He had been pacing and pacing and now a doctor walked through the door, eyes set on Jin.

"Kim Seokjin?" the doctor asked.

"Yes, sir. That's me."

"We had to give Yoongi some immediate care concerning his injuries, but most of all concerning dehydration and malnutrition. I will explain the details later, but he was in the danger zone for a moment there."

Jin bit his lip, eyeing the door to the room Yoongi was in with worry all over his face.

"I must say that his condition is concerning. The story Yoongi told the paramedics at the site does not add up to how old his injuries look and how he could be this far in dehydration and malnutrition. We might need to talk about that later, but frankly, I'm surprised he was even conscious at all."

"He was scared," Jin blurted out, mentally cursing himself for speaking his mind.

The doctor nodded. "He did seem to have a high level of stress. We had to give him some sedatives to calm him down."

"Again?" Jin almost whispered, his heart feeling heavy. "The paramedics did that when... when he saw Taehyung too..."

The doctor nodded. "I was told so. The nurses had hoped that would help, and adding to that the exhaustion after the adrenaline crashed, but he was aware enough to get another anxiety attack as soon as we tried to tend to his injuries."

The doctor continued to explain a few things they had done in their tending to Yoongi's injuries, but Jin barely heard half of it.

Jin's heart broke. He couldn't begin to imagine how terrified Yoongi must've felt. How lonely he must've been, how badly the demon must've messed with his head. How much added fear it had given when Taehyungie was taken too. And then being separated from all of them? After Jin had walked out of the tunnels with an unconscious Taehyung in his arms? Having a panic attack, getting sedated...

Gosh, Jin longed to hold Yoongi in his embrace and tell him he was safe. That everything would be okay now.

"Can I go see him? Is he awake?" Jin asked the doctor.

"He was asleep when I left the room, but the sedatives will be wearing off soon, so he'll be able to wake up on his own. We're not keeping him sedated if it's not necessary, but you must understand that it is dangerous for his injuries and his condition to be experiencing such high levels of stress as he did before. If needed, the nurses will do what they can to calm him down and to let his body heal."

"I understand," Jin said with a nod, though it made him dizzy with worry to hear everything the doctor said.

After discussing and taking care of a few rules about visiting patients in the ICU, Jin was led inside by one of the nurses. The doctor had left for now. Once Jin walked inside, he almost froze at the sight of Yoongi lying on the hospital bed.

"It's alright, you can come closer if you want," one of the two nurses left in the room said, an encouraging smile on her face. "I'm sure he'll be relieved to wake up with you here."

It felt as if he had a lump in his throat, his eyes tearing up as he walked closer to the bed. Yoongi looked far from okay, and Jin had no idea how he hadn't noticed it before. Or maybe he had, but the fear in the tunnels had distracted him. Maybe he had noticed, but not truly realized.

He somehow had thought that after finding his dongsaeng everything would be okay again, but it was as if a truck hit him in the face now that he saw Yoongi up close, in the bright hospital lights. Now he understood, truly understood, how bad the situation had been for his eldest dongsaeng.

"We will leave you for a few minutes," the nurse said, to which the second nurse nodded. "If you need anything, just press the button on the side of the bed."

The nurses left the room and Jin stood there in silence. Well, semi-silence what with all the beeping noises of the machines around him. The heart monitor stood out the most, and Jin wondered if what he was hearing was good or bad. Was this the sound of a calm heartbeat? Or one that was too slow? It seemed rather slow, but Yoongi wasn't hooked up to anything like the machine that helped Taehyung breathe.

"Yoongi-yah..." Jin sighed as he sat down next to the bed, happy that there was a chair for him to sit on, unlike in Taehyung's room. He took Yoongi's left hand. "Yoongi-yah, you're safe now. Hyung is here. You're an ass for scaring hyung, you know that right? I never expected you to end up in the ICU... gosh.... "

He didn't know what to tell Yoongi. He didn't even know for sure how the fight in the tunnels had ended. He had no phone to call anyone with. He could only hope that the fight was over and that the three other members were safe outside the tunnels with Hoseok. That they had defeated the demon.

Perhaps ten minutes after sitting there, thinking about all the possibilities of what could've happened to the other members, the heart monitor started to beep a little differently. Not much faster, but there was a significant difference that Jin picked up on and he looked up, wondering if it meant that Yoongi was waking up.

Sure enough, he saw Yoongi's eyes stir and flutter open momentarily.

"Yoongi-yah, hey, it's Jin, are you waking up hm?" Jin said softly. Yoongi's eyes opened again, this time a little longer as he drowsily moved his head to look at Jin. He stretched his arms and legs, a pained but soft groan escaping his lips.

"You're hurt, Yoongs. Don't move too much. Hyung is here, so if you need anything, you can tell me, okay?"

Yoongi wasn't entirely aware yet, that much was clear. Jin had no idea what the side effects of the sedatives were, but even when they were wearing off, they clearly still had an effect on Yoongi. Jin wondered if perhaps that was for the better...

"Hyung..." Yoongi mumbled tiredly, eyes almost falling closed again as he looked at Jin.

"Hm?" Jin hummed, letting go of Yoongi's hand and giving him some space to wake up a little better.

"Hyung I'm... I'm... where...?"

Jin smiled sympathetically. "At the hospital, Yoongs. You're hurt, the doctors here will help you heal. You will get better soon, okay? No need to worry."

He wasn't entirely sure if he was reassuring Yoongi or himself...

Yoongi huffed as if Jin said something stupid. "'course I am..."

"You're worried? Oh Yoongi, but there's no need! You will have lovely nurses here to help you get better, and we will be here too."

Yoongi let out a chuckle, which sounded like music to Jin's ears. "Missed me, hm?"

Jin let out a laugh as well, not noticing he was tearing up as well. "Yah! Of course I missed you! Stupid Yoongi."

Yoongi grinned at that, but his grin fell because of how tired he was. He closed his eyes for a moment, before opening them again and lifting his arm. He looked at it, seeming confused. Then lifted his other arm and turned to Jin with a look that said 'are you seeing this?'.

"This 's nice..."

Jin laughed. "What? What is nice?"

"I can move," Yoongi said softly, lowering his arms as he closed his eyes again.

Jin's heart broke again because fuck those words hurt. He knew the meaning behind them and he hated, absolutely hated that Yoongi had had to deal with that for so long.

"Y-Yeah," he replied, his voice breaking as he watched Yoongi fall back asleep. "You're free again, Yoongi-yah."