Chapter 12

Back to Nancy's pov;

Today we were meant to be actually on the slopes, and when I tell you, I couldn't be more excited, I meant it. I'd gotten up at 7am just to get ready earlier, and to also have time to go on my phone.

I'd already been snowboarding before, and I used to do it as part of my childhood, so you could say i was quite good at it.

Excitedly, I darted down the stairs at 9am (the time we'd organised breakfast), in order to quickly eat so we could head outside to the slopes quicker.

After eating, I headed back upstairs to put my gear on before heading to Laura's room.

"Hurry up!" I shrieked, and almost on command, she appeared at the door.

"I'm here calm down girl." She rolled her eyes at me before we both headed downstairs to meet the others again, since we all had to walk 5 minutes down the road to reach the mountains.

As we walked along the path, I felt the presence of Ethan peer beside me.

"So, thoughts on Harry now?." He raised his eyebrows twice at me jokingly. "Come on, I know what you two were up to last night. I don't believe for one second he was just putting that coat on you."

"Well he was, and, I don't know."

I leant over to whisper to him, to make sure that Laura couldn't hear, even though she was deep in conversation with Freezy. "I think I kind of like him. He's a nice person."

Ethan almost started to celebrate, holding his arms in the air and shouting "GET IN." Before turning back to face me.

"Okay, but on a real note, I think he likes you too. Don't tell him I said that though." He beamed back at me before I sighed.

"Well.. there's not much I can do about it. Laura likes him too."

Ethan laughed before his eyes widened, almost like a thought had popped into his head. "How about.. I distract Laura while you spend some time with Harry. I'm sure she won't notice."

"Perfect idea, thanks Ethan." I gently hugged him as we approached the edge of the ski resort. Ethan almost immediately left to whisper to Simon, before Simon came over to me and Laura and Ethan went over to Harry.

Suspiciously, Laura raised an eyebrow at Simon as he stood directly in front of us. "Laura, come with me, I need to show you something."

He wrapped his arm around Laura's shoulder as he guided her in the opposite direction, leaving Laura no choice but to follow. He turned his head to wink at me as he walked off, signalling to walk over to Harry.

Almost by cue, Harry appeared beside me, with a confused expression on his face as he glanced over to Ethan, and then back to face me. "Uhh. Hi." He spoke softly, but I could tell he was nervous.

"Hey, what's up." I tried not to laugh by the sheer embarrassment I felt, before we both began heading towards the chair lifts, waiting for one to come and taking a seat to head up the mountain.

"Soo....last night yeah." He twiddled with his thumbs as he glared down at the ground.

"Yeah.... It was quite.....interesting.." I spoke as I also looked down at the ground.

I could tell Harry's expression suddenly changed to a more concerned one, almost as if he was worried.

"I know it's early but I really do like you. I don't care if you feel the same way but I felt like I needed to tell you." I felt his gaze on me, but I was too nervous to look up.

"Me too, it's just.....I need to figure some things out before anything happens, ok?"

Harry seemed disappointed before he looked back towards the ground, gently swaying his feet. "It's okay. If it's to do with your sister, I know. Ethan told me."

"Oh." I inhaled deeply before letting out a massive sigh. "It is kind of that. You see, she'd kill me if she found out anything going on between us."

"It's fine, we won't tell anyone. That way nobody will know." I felt Harry's hand travel onto mine, as our fingers interlocked with each other.

Unfortunately, the mood was ruined again, because just as we glanced up towards each other, we'd reached the top of the mountain.

"You ready?" His gentle, raspy voice spoke at he lifted his neck scarf over his mouth.

"Born ready." I sighed before we both jumped off the chairlifts, glancing over at the magnificent view in front of us.