Chapter 11: The Struggling

Start from the beginning

The fleet commander chuckled with satisfaction. "So these fellows are standing against the Holy Kingdom, something unprecedented. On this occasion, we shall witness the might of the Holy Kingdom's navy..." Battista was proud of the Zeroth fleet, believing they could easily crush Morocco, indicating that the officers of the Holy Kingdom had been blinded by their imperialist reputation, never recognizing the strength of their opponents or viewing it as a threat to the Holy Kingdom.

"Launch all Alpha-3 fighters and Beta-2 bombers! Prepare the fleet for combat readiness! The Holy Kingdom's navy will fulfill His Majesty's mission!" Battista ordered the entire fleet.

On the flight deck of the Rodeus-class aircraft carrier, sailors hurriedly prepared to launch the aircraft. Countless fighters were lifted onto the flight deck, with the carrier's elevator capable of accommodating two Alpha-3s at a time. The Alpha-3s began to taxi into position for takeoff as directed by the flight deck officers.

"Move forward a bit, okay stop! Begin Alpha-3 checks," one of the flight deck officers shouted. Inside the cockpit, pilots conducted checks; if any technical issues were found with their accompanying equipment, they would be grounded.

"Left wing checked! Right wing checked! This is ECF-15 of Squadron 2, requesting clearance for takeoff!"

"This is RATC-2 tower, ECF-15 cleared for takeoff!" After receiving clearance from the air traffic control tower, the Alpha-3s began to accelerate, lifting off the carrier's deck. The powerful engines of the Alpha-3s, operating on the carrier, enabled them to clear the flight deck without the need for catapults, although this significantly reduced the lifespan of the engines.

The Alpha-3s, along with those freshly launched, ascended into the converging skies, forming up with their squadrons.

Currently, there were four squadrons totaling 64 fighter jets, with each squadron comprising 16 Alpha-3s. Additionally, there were two Beta-2 bombers per squadron, bringing the total to 72 aircraft. Leading the sixth squadron was Elf, the commander of the Albesige squadron. "Good morning, gentlemen, today the sky is clear, and the weather is beautiful. Above all, our mission today is to teach those fools called Morocco how to respect the Emperor. Don't worry, the world's strongest air force will easily dominate them!" His voice boosted the morale of the young pilots, with an upbeat and positive tone. After all, it was their first combat sortie.

Commander Albesige was an outstanding elf at the Royal Air Force Academy of the Holy Kingdom. He was considered one of the best young pilots from the academy, with superior dogfighting skills, a serious work ethic, and leadership abilities. He served in the air force for 4 years before transitioning to carrier-based flight for the past two years. Albesige's Alpha-3 bore the nickname Wolfer.

All four squadrons formed a V-shaped formation, flying ahead of the fleet, creating a spectacular scene in the sky. Albesige announced, "Well, then let's plan ahead before approaching the enemy airspace. Plan A, we'll take on 10 to 1 if the enemy has fewer aircraft. Additionally, there's Plan B, in case we encounter overwhelming enemy numbers, where all squadrons will disperse and efficiently attack the enemy enticed by our fighters. Plan C, this is an alarming scenario if the enemy has advanced equipment and, consequently, fewer aircraft, we'll have to disperse and attack specific targets, not giving them time to choose prey." Albesige's combat plan was relatively straightforward and understandable to everyone, but he devised Plan C to cope with adversaries with superior equipment, a potential threat.

This could be understood for Albesige because the Holy Kingdom had never faced a stronger force, and Albesige himself would be utterly helpless if he had to confront opponents with superior speed, weaponry, and technology.

After a few minutes of flight

They arrived at the area where IMS Friso was located. The armored cruiser lay exposed amidst the vast ocean, in need of rescue. "This is the Royal Mirishial Fleet's air force, requesting a situation report from IMS," they radioed.