𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 - 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧...

Start from the beginning

"What were you looking at?" she inquired, her gaze lingering on the chain around his neck, recognizing it but unsure if it was what she suspected. "That's something for me to know and you to find out, Major," Buck replied cryptically, preparing for takeoff. As the engines roared to life, Biddick counted down, "Forty... Fifty... Sixty..." before Gale began speeding off, waving to their comrades. "Any minute now, boys." He murmured to his crew, then awkwardly added, "And girl-lady-woman-DUCK... y/n." with a flustered sigh as he realized his slip-up.

"Damn, Major, when you told me to keep my eyes on the prize the other day, I didn't realize it was that kind of prize you were speaking of," teased Bubbles. "The only prized possession here is your life, John. So get back to Navigating now, why don't ya?" Scoffed the man defensively as they finally soared into the air. "Oh? Okay... I see what this is." The Navigator raised his brows. "Hey Curt, you smell that?" He then questioned the co-pilot, sniffing something loud. "Oh yeah, I smell that too, Bubs." The brunette played along, sniffing as well, inching closer to the blonde.

"The aftershave?" y/n asked, leaning in to sniff the man, her nose scrunching up in suspicion. "Nope. Smells like love to me. And you both reek of it," teased the Navigator, earning chuckles from the rest of the crew. "Ugh, shut up. You guys are pathetic," y/n retorted, rolling her eyes. She quickly hid her face behind the Pilot's leather seat, hoping to conceal the blush that had spread across her cheeks like wildfire. "Oh my god- Major l/n's blushing so hard right now." Noticed Babyface, her self-appointed nemesis. "Literally not!" Cried the girl. "Oh my god- Major Cleven here, too!" Chimed in the Irish man.

"Heh- that's enough banter for a day, boys. We're still climbing." Gale played it cool, diverting their attention from the flustered girl. "There's still a good three hours left, y/n, before we reach the target; so how 'bout you get some rest now, you lil backseat driver." Suggested the Major, making the others snicker a little. "Backseat dri- Yeah just go on, rub it in, why don't ya?" She rolled her eyes jokingly, rather amused by that title, but following his advise nevertheless. "Don't wake me up unless someone is dead, or dying, specifically if that person is me — is that understood?" Deadpanned the y/h/c girl. "Roger."

An hour slipped away unnoticed, and the girl had fallen into a deep slumber. As the altitude soared to 10,000 feet, signaling a decrease in oxygen levels, Cleven cast a concerned glance at his sleeping companion before returning his focus to the thick shroud of clouds engulfing them. "Could someone attend to her mask, please?" The pilot's voice carried a note of urgency as he addressed the team. Curt, navigating through the turbulence with effort, stepped forward in response. "I'll take care of it, Major." He murmured, his movements cautious to avoid disturbing her rest. "Be careful not to rouse her. You know how she is." He reminded with a weary sigh.

"I'm aware, Buck," Curt replied, his tone filled with terror and amusement. Carefully, he secured the mask over her face, holding his breath momentarily as he observed her stir. "Mask secured, sir." He announced softly, relieved that she remained undisturbed. "Pilot to crew: 10,000 feet. Masks on and check in." Gale commanded. "Ball turret, roger." Bosser was the first to confirm. "Tail, roger." Dickie chimed in. "Right waist, roger... Left waist, okay... Radio, roger... Engineer, roger... Navigator, okay... Bombardier, roger..." Soon everyone confirmed, one after the other. "Backseat driver, roger." Curt mocked, speaking in a squeaky voice making the others chuckle a little.

"Babyface, pop a flare; let's see if we can get information in this soup." The Pilot instructed, and the boy, still quite bummed about his new nickname, obeyed. "Roger that." He replied. "Damnit- There's a fort on top of us!" Dickie yelled, startled by the proximity of the jets. "Roger, I see him." Cleven mused, levelling the plane to avoid being hit. "That was Schmalenbach. Jesus, he was close." Scoffed Bubbles, recognizing the plane. "Well, I mean, you did ask him to stay close..." Biddick shrugged. "Not like that-" Gale mumbled. "Pilot to crew, we got another hour, climbing through this muck. Keep your eyes peeled." He then informed.