IX. The Old King Is Dead, Long Live The Queen

Start from the beginning

"Have a safe trip home, Aerea," Criston bows his head and walks away.

"Okay, what the fuck?" Aerea asked Rhaena.

Rhaena shook her head taking her hand and pulling her onto the ship, "I don't like it."

"What do you mean?" Aerea asked.

"He's a Kingsguard and acted as if he was a normal Knight giving a Lady a gift," Rhaena tries to explain, "just like... A courtship gift."

"Are you mad?" Aerea's eyes bugged out of her head, "for one, he is practically owned by the Hightower Queen and her children. Including Aemond. He may have been kind to me but I do not think he has those intentions."

"Maybe, maybe not," Rhaena held her hand tightly, "good thing we aren't coming back here."

AEREA HAD CHANGED INTO WHAT SER CRISTON GAVE HER:

As she walked out onto the deck, Rhaena caught sight of her and stopped to stare before snapping out of it, "yup

As she walked out onto the deck, Rhaena caught sight of her and stopped to stare before snapping out of it, "yup."

"What?" Aerea asked.

"He definitely fancies you," Rhaena comments.

Aerea rolls her eyes, "why? Because of this dress?"

"You gotta see yourself in it, Aerea," she told her seriously.

THEY ARRIVE AT DRAGONSTONE.

Aerea, still wearing the dress she was given, walks up the staircase with Rhaena beside her whilst holding Sunset who slept in her arms exhausted from all the sailing. 

That's when Daemon comes walking down in a hurry, "Rhaena," he pulls his daughter into a hug surprising the two of them, "I'm glad you are safe."

"Of course I am safe," Rhaena was confused, "why would we be?"

Daemon glances at Aerea who has the same questioning look, "well I guess you're fealties are with Rhaenyra?" He asked Aerea specifically, "answer me, now, girl."