Chapter 14 - Love again!

"So the person I want to celebrate today is actually someone I met during this season and that person has also become my inspiration going further in my career. And that person is......" Shubman took a long breath. "Aanya" He finished.

Just as Shubman finished his sentence, everyone's eyes were on you. Without showing any hesitation, Shubman started walking towards you with a gift box in his hands. When he reached there, you stood up and he opened the box to present you an elegant necklace. While everyone applauded, you looked at Shubman with a curious look. 

"Aanya... It's always been you. I've always loved you and I will keep on doing that." he whispered only for you to hear. You gave him a warm smile and moved your hair so that he could tie up the necklace. 

After the gift exchange session, everybody spent a nice time with live music, dancing and also great food. You were sitting in a corner, lost in your own world when Shubman came and offered you his hand.

"Uhm do you want to..." he started.

"Dance!? I'd love to." you said before giving in. You and Shubman quickly ran over to the dance floor with hands still interwind. After some time of dancing, the DJ man played your favorite song which was 'You belong with me' by Taylor swift. 

"Oh no no I have to take her for that" Natasha said before stealing you from Shubman's grasp. You and Natasha started acting out the lines and Shubman went to the side of the dance floor where Hardik was. 

"Are they always like this?" Shubman asked from Hardik with a funny expression on his face.

"Yup, all the time." Hardik said without even skipping a beat. 

Shubman laughed it off and requested the DJ man to play some slow dancing tracks.

"Is this okay?" he asked and played 'I will always love you' by Whitney Housten.

"Oh perfect" Shubman said and ran back to the dance floor. 

"Mind if I have this dance?" Shubman asked while pulling you gently from Natasha.

"Oh yeah she's all yours" Natasha said and went back to Hardik. 

 Shubman held you with one arm and the other tugged around your waist. You grabbed him by the neck with both hands and started moving to the melody. With each step, the gap between you two seemed to be less. And like that Shubman rested his forehead on yours and was staring so deep in your ocean blue eyes. And in that moment, you felt like the world was so much closer yet so far out of your reach. After the dance had ended, everyone gave a good round of applause. 

"Shubman! just marry her already." shouted Josh while clapping.

"Oh I sure will" Shubman said in reply which made you turn red and fan yourself.

"Ooo..... she's blushing!!!" Miller said to which he earned some laughter from everyone. 

You both got off the dance floor and came out of the venue where a swing set was placed and took a seat. There at that moment you had it all. A relaxing break from the rushing world and a cozy presence beside you. 

"So... how was tonight?" Shubman asked, breaking the silence.

"One of the best." you replied before giving the necklace a soft touch.

"Oh yeah?" he asked again.

"I felt like me again." You replied, looking at him.

"And I felt like the luckiest person alive." he said while leaning in. 

Just before a second pass, Shubman cupped your face and tilted his head to place his lips on yours. He gently started going up and down between your lips while holding you firmly yet softly. You finally gave in and placed your hands behind his neck and stared running through his hair with your fingers. The kiss went on for a while and Shubman pulled out a little to catch his breath.

"Oh Aanya you don't know how much I love you!" Shubman mumbled under his breath. 

Thanks for reading. don't forget to vote!! 🌸🌸🌸