━ beatrice hayes.

full name:     ✭・

full name:
✭・.・✫ beatrice marie hayes
nicknames:
✭・.・✫ bea, by most
✭・.・✫ busy bea/honey bea, by her parents
✭・.・✫ mother dearest, by gemma
aliases:
✭・.・✫ beatrice thatcher, formerly
✭・.・✫ dr. beatrice hayes
✭・.・✫ dr. hayes/dr. thatcher

gender:
✭・.・✫ cisgender female
species:
✭・.・✫ human
pronouns:
✭・.・✫ she/her
sexual orientation:
✭・.・✫ heterosexual

date of birth:
✭・.・✫ december 11th
date of death:
✭・.・✫ not applicable
cause of death:
✭・.・✫ not applicable

relationship status: 
✭・.・✫ single
marital status:
✭・.・✫ divorced

faceclaim:     ✭・

faceclaim:
✭・.・✫ shantal vansanten
physical description:
✭・.・✫ bea is about 5'9" and average weight for her age group. she has narrow nose and other sharp features to match. her hair is long and she has been known on occasion to dye it, though only natural colors. after her divorce, she dyed it blonde for the better half of two years, before she returned to her natural color.
discernible marks/features:
✭・.・✫ bea has high cheekbones and a strong chin, which makes her face look angular. her most striking feature is her eyes. they are bright, icy blue and stand out against her dark hair and paler skin.

occupation:
✭・.・✫ general surgeon; formerly
✭・.・✫ surgical oncologist; employed at grey sloan memorial hospital in seattle, washington.

affiliations:
✭・.・✫ john hopkins: bea attended john hopkins university for medical school. she graduated in four years and moved on to grey sloan for her residency.
✭・.・✫ grey sloan memorial hospital: bea completed her general surgery residency at grey sloan and shortly thereafter went on to begin a 2 year fellowship for surgical oncology. after spending time as an attending, she became a surgical oncologist at grey sloan.

personality:     ✭・

personality:
✭・.・✫ bea is described as being either being hot or cold, hardly ever in between. her mood can be unpredictable and intense. she is blunt in the name of honesty, assertive with the intention of ambition, and unashamedly stubborn. bea is set in her own ways and typically listens to herself above all else, which can make it difficult for her ask or accept help. she struggles to commit to relationships and maintain trust, with the fear that she'll end up more hurt than she will be cared for.

background:
✭・.・✫ from the very moment that bea could form thoughts, she believed that her life was destined to go wrong. she was named after her paternal grandmother, a woman who practically despised bea, who frankly felt the same. shortly after her birth, bea's parents split up and a lengthy custody battle ensued in the following years. she spent a majority of her childhood between houses, traveling all across the state to following her father's job and his new family. they were nice enough, but bea never felt like she ever belonged with either side of her family. when she was old enough, she moved out of the house to attend john hopkins university.
bea met her now ex-husband, everett thatcher, in college at john hopkins. he was intelligent, charming, and showed genuine passion for both his career and her own, and bea was easily won over. they dated throughout college and their residencies and dreamed of getting married after achieving fellowships, but one thing led to another and bea ended up pregnant just short of 25 years old. they did marry like they had planned, but it was hasty and more of an obligation than anything. although she was at the peak of her career, bea took a leave of absence in order to care for their child, a little girl named gemma. everett loved his daughter, but fatherhood made him angry and bitter. many of the feelings shared between the pair faded over time and all that was left was resentment. their marriage only last two years before they divorced. joint custody was awarded, and bea's life seemed to spiral out of control afterwards.
when gemma was 10, she suffered her first seizure, though the cause of which was unclear. for the next few years, she had seizures on and off, but her doctors were unable to pinpoint the exact cause of her illness. bea struggled with her own mental health during this time, balancing depression, anxiety, and insomnia in addition to caring for her daughter and her professional career. although her ex-husband was still in the picture and she had many friends, bea often found herself feeling overwhelmed and alone.
bea met link not long after he took the position as the head of orthopedic surgery. he coincidentally moved into the apartment adjacent to her own and they got to know each other by carpooling. link was a great father to his son, so perhaps it was no coincidence that he developed such a strong bond with bea's daughter. link and bea's relationship remained neutral, perhaps a little flirty, but for the longest time, they were friends more than anything else. due to his relationship with amelia shepherd and her accidental pregnancy, bea never found the courage to turn her feelings into reality. it wasn't until link saved her from an accidental overdose on sleeping pills that she finally came clean about how she felt. while the timing wasn't perfect, link's feelings were just as true.

family:
✭・.・✫ elizabeth austen, mother
✭・.・✫ isaac hayes, father
✭・.・✫ jeana hayes, step-mother
✭・.・✫ violet hayes, step-sister
✭・.・✫ gemma thatcher-hayes, daughter
✭・.・✫ everett thatcher, ex-husband

love interest: 
✭・.・✫ atticus lincoln

・✫ atticus lincoln