"Oh," you replied, nibbling your lip at the thought before letting out a large sigh of defeat. You had a sneaking feeling Anthony wasn't telling you everything that happened at the bar, which was kind of pissing you off. Maybe talking to him yourself really was the right answer. Keigo seemed friendly enough, and you'd be lying if you said you didn't have fun with him at the bonfire.

"I don't know, maybe. But I can ask for his number myself if I really want it," you said, turning your attention back out the window as Anthony smiled to himself beside you. You already knew he was hoping it would turn into something, but he was getting his hopes up. You doubted Keigo was interested in you like that anyway.

It didn't take long for Anthony to make it into the fairgrounds, quickly parking his truck and walking towards one of the show barns where the livestock was kept before you'd even shut your own door.

"Where the hell are ya goin'?" You shouted after him, scurrying to catch up.

"Told ya I needed to get one more thing," he said as you finally caught up, panting slightly from the effort. Damn him and his long ass legs.

"What the hell could you possibly be getting in the chicken shed?" You asked, but he ignored you, peeking his head inside and looking around before letting out a soft 'ah'.

"Keigo!" He loudly called out, stepping inside the door completely and waving his arm like a crazy person. You blinked at him in confusion as the chickens inside the barn let out squawks of protests. Was Keigo seriously the thing he needed to grab? You peeked out from behind Anthony to find him yourself, unable to stop your curiosity.

He was standing a bit further back in the barn, golden eyes staring at Anthony in a look that spelled sheer panic. The poor damn thing looked absolutely terrified, though you honestly couldn't understand why. But, maybe bothering him wasn't a good idea, and you should just leave him alone to do whatever he was doing.

You were just about to grab Anthony and pull him away when he suddenly bounded forward. You let out a soft sigh, trailing behind him as you approached Keigo.

"Where the hell have ya been?" Anthony said once you both had reached him, roughly clasping Keigo's shoulder as he shot him a warm smile. "I tried reaching out after everything at the bar, but I guess ya were busy."

"Yeah," he said softly, his voice sounding slightly strained as he glanced over to look at you. You could feel your heart pound as you met his eyes, your stomach fluttering in a way you didn't quite understand as you gave him a small smile and wave.

"Hi Keigo," you said softly before peering behind him. He was standing next to a small cage, a beautiful golden-colored hen nestled inside it. You couldn't help it, your smile widening as you stared at her. Was she his? "Oh wow! Is that a Buff Rock chicken? She's fuckin' gorgeous!"

"Oh, uh, I do not really know the breed," Keigo admitted to you, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly before turning and leaning down towards Nugget beside you. He smelled good, the scent of his body wash flooding your senses, almost making you want to lean into him. Maybe you could find out what it was so you could use it too.

The thought made you swallow, your eyes widening slightly in surprise. What the fuck was wrong with you?

"Her name is Nugget," he said, reaching a finger in to stroke her head gently as he smiled. "I hatched her myself from the egg. They did not tell me the breed when I bought them."

"Oh, ya have more?" You asked, turning to look at him in interest. It was obvious from the way he was talking and looking at Nugget he really loved her. It made your chest warm to watch him, it was rare to meet someone who cared about chickens that deeply. "I love animals. I've got some chickens myself and a couple of horses–"