THIRTY-TWO ─ [ . : 。✿ ] red salvia

Start from the beginning

It all blurred together.

Heart pounding, hands shaking violently, (Y/N) desperately tried to claw her way up. And then she heard a scream── Matteo's. It sounded anguished. It sounded like it did when── when── she couldn't remember.

In a moment, the hands vanished. She scrambled up the walls of the well, and climbed over the top. The light was so overwhelming, it blinded her for a moment, though the sun was nowhere to be seen.

And then she saw them. Matteo was cradling Jasper's body and rocking them back and forth. Jasper was bleeding. She couldn't breathe. Matteo looked up at her, face wet with tears and marred with anguish. "Why didn't you save him?" He asked, looking at her with despair.

"I─I tried──"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HIM?!"

Silas stabbed Matteo in the back of the head. She rushed over, held their bodies in her arms, cried like she never had before. "I'm sorry!" She sobbed. "I──  I'm sorry, sorry! I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I─I'm so sorry, I──!"

Arms wrapped around her, dragged her away. She screamed. "No! No, don't──  don't make me leave them, they──  I was supposed to save them! They weren't supposed to── Don't make me, please! I─I─I can't do this, please don't make me do this!" She shook her head, kept trying to struggle free. No one paid her any mind. Someone was stroking her hair. "Let me go! Let me go, I need to save them! Please don't do this, I──  I can't let them die!"

Whoever was guiding her face away let their arm slip for a moment. She saw Jasper and Matteo, lying their dead and bloodied and so lifelessly still. Then their heads shot up, blood pouring from their mouths as they spoke. "It's all your fault..."

"(Y/N)──"

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

MONDAY, JULY 16, 2018

Lori hadn't really slept in days.

Not for guilt over what Silas had done, what they'd all helped doing──  no, they'd done what they had to keep their darling safe. She knew that, and she wanted more than anything to believe (Y/N) would too someday.

But she was stricken with guilt for how this was hurting (Y/N). And she was worried sick that the look in her eyes──  that haunted, empty stare──  would never leave. That she would never heal from this.

That maybe their efforts to protect her were doing her more harm than good.

So Lori took to watching (Y/N) sleep. Sometimes, one or two of the others would join her. That night it was just her. Or, rather, that morning it was just her. It was almost five a.m. by that point. She'd sit at the edge of her bed for hours, stroking her hair, mumbling sweet nothings, trying to soothe the suffering she knew her sweet (Y/N) was feeling.

She was having another nightmare. Lori wasn't surprised anymore, she'd had one every night for a while. When (Y/N) tossed and turned, Lori smoothed her hair back to try to ease the restless panic written all over her slumbering face. When she whimpered, Lori quietly assured her it was okay, she was safe, nothing bad was gonna happen to her.