TWENTY-FOUR ─ [ . : 。✿ ] heliotrope

heliotrope flowers commonly represent eternal love
and devotion . . .

*

*. : * * .: * * . : *

THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2018

When Silas returned downstairs, his other housemates were in the kitchen. Their heads immediately shot up, as they looked to him with a matching question in each of their gazes; one that did not need to be spoken aloud for him to understand. With a quiet sigh, he leaned against one of the counters. "She's resting now. I left some water by her bed for when she wakes up."

"Did you put the meds in it?" Elijah asked.

Lori scoffed.

Elijah looked over to her, an eyebrow raised. "What? You don't think she needs it right now?" He watched her skeptically. Her response cast doubt in his mind about her ability to take care of (Y/N). Although they were by and large past most of their jealousy towards one another, they were all quick to become defensive and dangerous if any showed a hint of unwillingness to protect their precious roommate── even if in reality, that so-called unwillingness was just a difference in opinion about how to do so.

"She's already stressed enough..." She muttered bitterly. Her emerald eyes were glossy, as she continually fought back tears. The look of terror and betrayal in her sweetheart's beautiful (E/C) eyes flashed across her vision with every blink. It made her sick to her stomach, especially when it was them causing that look.

But didn't (Y/N) understand? She didn't need to fear them. They loved her so so much. That's why they were doing this! Not to scare her. It was all for her protection!

They just needed to help her see that...

"All the more reason anxiety meds might help," Elijah countered, squinting as he analyzed her.

"Look," Aziza cut in. "We need to all be on the same page before (Y/N) wakes up. We can't properly keep her safe if we're too busy being at each other's throats."

Lori and Elijah looked at her, then each other. After a moment, they nodded and released a sigh. "You're right," they muttered, one after the other.

"I── I just hate seeing her like that..." Lori admitted. "I want her to be happy! But she looked so scared, and──"

"And that's why first priority is letting her know she isn't any danger," Naoki interrupted, aiming to both ease Lori before she got too worked up, and solidify a plan. "Remind her that she won't be forced into anything or hurt in any way. We just need to protect her."

"Do you honestly think she's gonna believe us?" Silas mumbled. He continued to be the most lucid of the bunch. Although his obsession itself wasn't any less strong than theirs, he was simply less delusional about the reality of it all. Unlike some of his roommates, he knew what they were doing was morally wrong... under normal circumstances. But the intense adoration he held for (Y/N) justified any actions they took, so long as it kept her safe.