Chapter IX - Raindrops on Roses

Start from the beginning

Kamila furrowed her eyebrows slightly, "wait what?! Wally, you gave me like a fifteen minute heads up!" The girl practically jumped off her bed and went to grab something to wear from her closet that was better than the gym shorts and stained t-shirt she was currently wearing.

She pulled out the first half decent outfit she could find, some black jeans and black long sleeve shirt that she planned on layering with a white band t-shirt that used to belong to her dad.

"Well it's a surprise! At least I didn't just show up at your house!" The boy laughed over the phone, and if Kamila wasn't stressing out currently, she'd probably comment on how it was cute. Just to throw him off. The boy then continued, "honestly babe, you shouldn't stress about it!"

Kamila put the phone face up on her bed and pressed the speaker button as she started to change out of her pyjamas. Over the phone, she could hear the sound of cars passing by and wind howling at the microphone. She heard something from the other side, but with all the background noise it was hard for her to make it out clearly.

"Are you running over right now?" she just got another muffled reply in response, and pulled her shirt over her head, "I can't hear you- I'm just going to hang up, see you soon!"

Kamila pressed the red button and smiled slightly. She caught herself in her mirror on the closest door and groaned. Her hair was still pushed back in unflattering angles and was a mix of pin-straight and her normal waves. If Wally had just left, it would have given her enough time to run to the bathroom and attempt to style it better. She walked to her bathroom and got to work.

⚡︎

EXACTLY FIFTEEN MINUTES later, Wally West was banging on the front door of Kamila's house as the girl was still contemplating if she should put on make up. She was a firm believer that make up was bad for your skin, and with the amount of running, sweating and mask wearing she did as Astra, she never saw the point in wearing it for everyday occasions. Dosen't mean the girl didn't enjoy putting on make up on for fun, but still-

Before she got side tracked once again, she heard the doorbell go off and remembered that her boyfriend was probably standing in the rain currently.

Kamila settled on quickly curling her lashes and applying a small amount of lipgloss and ran down to open the door.

"Hey, sorry I was upstairs still getting ready because-" her (completely valid) excuses was cut off by Wally who zipped over to her. Kamila felt him pull her into a tight hug and spin her around in a circle.

Kamila yelped in surprise and tightly held onto his shoulder as she laughed. Once she felt herself be put back down, Kamila noticed how Wally's hands rested on her hips, and she circled her arms around his neck.

Wally had the brightest smile on his face and Kamila could feel his infectious energy draw a smile on her own on her face as they locked eyes.

She chose to ignore the slight dampness of his hoodie from the rain, or roses in his right hand that he was holding. She let herself smile and tilted her head in question, "what's got you so happy, Flasher?"

"Are you kidding?!" Wally shouted with an energetic grin, "babe, I just heard from Barry! You're like, basically a leaguer now!"

Kamila raised an eyebrow at the boy, who if she wasn't resting his hands around his neck would probably either be jumping for joy or half vibrating from the energy he exited. She then asked "What are you talking about?"