Chapter 5: Doomed

Start from the beginning

"Oh come on, exams are over, that's why we are going to the beach to hang out" Liza said.

"Liza, I don't think school uniform is the best fit for a sunny-beach day" I replied, stating the obvious while gesturing towards my school dress.

"Oh come on, stop with the excuses already" Luke said, finally breaking his silence while rolling his eyes as if he was really bored with the back and forth between Liza and I.

"Alright, let's go" I said, giving up.

"Come on, Charlotte, let's go" Liza said sweetly, assuming that if I was going then my twin would, by definitely, tag along with us as well, but I already knew that she wouldn't.

"Um, not today, Liza, I'm having really bad period cramps" Charlotte lied while clutching her lower abdomen to make her lie seem more real.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her. Well, Charlotte could be a real big bore sometimes.

And not to forget, she's a bad liar as well, I thought to myself as I saw a knowing, forced smile spread across Liza's face, which told me that she knew that my twin was lying but just told her to take care and decided against trying to convince her to tag along with us.

"Scar, you know Mom wouldn't be happy knowing that you went out with any security" Charlotte reminded when Liza and Luke walked a few steps away from where our car was parked.

"Mom doesn't have to know, Charlotte" I replied with a slight shrug as she just shook her head at me before leaving without much argument, which honestly is quite surprising, and somehow it also told me that she was gonna snitch me out to either our mother or Ryan, as soon as she gets home.

I don't care! She can tell whoever she wants because honestly I'm tired! I'm tired of always having a bodyguard following me around even when I'm just going out for a walk.

Being born in a Mafia family is not easy, first it was just my father who used to drive me crazy with his overprotectiveness and now it's my brother, mother and even Samantha sometimes.

I feel like the security back at our mansion has also increased ever since my father's death, which was inevitable considering how brutally my father was murdered.

Anyways, I don't wanna dive into that right now.

Soon we headed for the beach in Luke's elder brother's car and it was only then that I realized that he would be joining us too.

Luke's elder brother, Drake was sure attractive, to say the least. He had broad shoulders and those muscles bulging out of his casual t-shirt told me that he hit the gym on a regular basis, but honestly I don't even like too much muscles on a guy, it just makes them look like they just walked out of some body building competition.

With a sharp jawline and messy blonde hair, I could tell that any girl would find him attractive. He sure was heighted but I guess he's a little shorter than David.

The corners of my lips curved up into a small smile unknowingly as I recalled how even though I had decent height but yet David could tower over me and make me feel like I had a petty figure.

Yeah there you go again, thinking about him again when not even minutes ago you decided that you would no longer let your thoughts ponder upon him, my subconscious said shaking her head at me.

And to top it all off, now you are even comparing him with every other guy that you see, the little voice in my head added and before I could even form a good comeback in my head, I was snapped out of my thoughts by Drake's voice.

"Hey! What are you thinking?" He asked while we got off his car as we reached the nearest beach to our school, which wasn't crowed on weekdays.

"Nothing, just random stuff" I waved my hand dismissing the subject.