Cristallo & Bette: May your dream come true

Start from the beginning

This feeling was really strange, yet made her think that she had actually become healthy and normal.

"Great! May I have a chat with you about the characters?"

The large pigtail that was tied by a green olive cotton band slightly swayed with the approaching movement of the happy girl.

"Yes, I'm also free now."

Cristallo gently breathed, enjoying this fleeting moment for a while. She clearly knew that when another hurtful cough came out of her throat, the vibrant girl before her eyes would change her attitude completely.

"You're so kindhearted!"

Bette joyfully jumped up.

They talked about every character that appeared throughout the story. About the young man who dreamt of being rich in one night, the woman who fought courageously for her study in a famous university, the old man who used to catch gigantic fish that was 4 times bigger than him, the child who traveled alone in a faraway city to find his grandma, the cat which befriended with a mouse...

Sometimes their perspectives about the characters were similar, sometimes they were totally different. Though Cristallo stayed in the hospital most of the time, she had an interesting imagination and understanding about many things that gave Bette new ideas and inspiration. At the same time, Bette's experiences in films helped Cristallo picture a more vivid and colorful story in her head.

"I've practiced playing that character many times."

While saying, Bette repeatedly stroked her curled mustache and straightened it. Her eyes also rolled to other directions, avoiding meeting those beautiful green eyes.

"Maybe I can show you my performance... if you want to see."

Hearing her hesitant words, those green eyes slowly rounded. Cristallo seemed to realize something to which she really looked forward.

"Can I have that pleasure?" She looked at Bette with excitement.

"S-Sure!" Bette quickly replied.

Without the spotlights, signs from the director or any music, the girl began her acting.

She lowered her body, swung the bamboo cane skillfully like a sword and charged forward in the air as if there was an enemy standing there. Her face stiffened, her amber eyes narrowed and looked at nothing but the invisible enemy.

"Rattan, today is the end of your life."

She used a deeper tone as her character was a grown man who was in his 30s.

"I won't hear any excuse coming from your deceitful mouth."

Not moving a little bit, she slightly raised her eyebrows.

"A tooth for a tooth. An eye for an eye."

Her lines and tone made Cristallo think of the white-haired judge whom she met a few days ago in the wilderness. That judge also had a sword which was held by the burning red hand on her shoulder.

As Bette charged her bamboo cane forward to recreate the fight scene of the warrior, she accidentally saw her image reflected in the mirror on the wall.

A normal girl who had a large brown pigtail tied by a green ribbon and a mustache.

Immediately, she realized that she had forgotten to change her appearance, which meant she had played the character with her own features in the first place!

As a result, Bette lost her focus and fell down to the floor.

"Ouch..."

"Are you okay?"

The worried voice and Bette's painful sound came out at the same time.

With a bright smile on her face, Bette quickly stood up like she had done countless times.

"Hahaha, no need to worry! My skin is thicker than you thought."

However, Cristallo had already left the machine to reach her place. The white-haired girl walked really slow on the ground, step by step. Just a short distance that could make her sweat, but her face didn't show much different from before.

Cristallo lowered her body and picked up the worn fedora hat from the floor. Next, she raised her head to look at the brown-haired girl, who was watching her actions without blinking an eye.

"Please take care of yourself more."

She gave the hat to Bette with a pair of serious and consistent eyes.

"...I remember."

Bette replied to the small girl with a repentant look on her face.

In the film studio, there would always be "Bette, hurry up!", "Just a small bruise, stand up immediately!" or "You fell down again? We've already wasted a lot of time!" whenever Bette had an accident. Everybody was busy with their own work, that was why Bette had to stand up herself and learnt to always smile even if she was in pain.

Because the director would be mad at her and threaten to replace her with someone else in the long queue for the stuntman of the famous actors or actresses.

She knew that the chance to get a role in a film was something far from her reach. But her dreams wouldn't be given up easily once the love for acting was still burning in her heart.

Those pains were nothing compared to her dreams! Those bruises were nothing compared to her dreams!

If so, why couldn't Bette hold the tears of self-pity when she received the hat from Cristallo's hands?

She didn't know, yet she could feel the warm hand with bandages and bruises touch hers.

"Please feel free to chat with me, Bette." The girl gently patted Bette's hand, "I will always be here to hear your story."

What happened afterwards was like a dream with Bette.

She remembered herself crying a lot and telling Cristallo about her great dream. The white-haired girl also told Bette about her dream too.

Though their dreams were both out of their reach now, none of them had the slightest idea about giving them up.

When the two girls said goodbye to each other, they all said:

"May your dream come true."