20. Trouble after trouble

Terk Pov

Why the heck is all of this happening to me all at once?

I don't understand. I really don't understand.

It had been a few weeks since I came out of my rut. I am one hundred percent sure that I had mated with someone during my rut and that person was not dead, which by the way is surprising, as anyone who mated with me during my rut had died.

I can say that that person is not dead confidently because I didn't find any dead body.

This time's rut was so violent that my enigma had to take control over me. I have no freaking memory of those seven days I was in my rut.

After the rut was over and I regained consciousness, there were several signs of me having mated with someone. But my stupid enigma was so drunk in lusty hormones during those seven days that he is as I am.

He doesn't remember any details of that person, if it was alpha or beta, a guy or a girl, nothing! He doesn't even remember what that person smelt like. 

Now you tell me how on earth am I going to find that person?

I am pretty sure that I knotted during the mating. During ruts, it is normal to knot the counterpart. 

I did ask all the staff working in the estate. All of them had completely denied being present there. I had sent all of them home before the onset of my rut.

Since the estate is in the middle of the forest, there are very low chances that outsiders would wander into the place.

I feel completely lost about this matter. I can't even find a trace of this person. How did that person manage to get away before I woke up?

The only thing that I can conclude is that that person has a smell that is compatible with me. Do you remember how I told you that the smell of the werewolves who tried to mate with me irritated me and made me violent?

I am positive that this werewolf's smell did not irritate me. I can say that seeing the degree of damage done. This is the lowest degree of damage that I have caused so far.

This alone is proof that that werewolf's smell is able to calm me down.

I have heard a similar phenomenon between fated mates. The smell of fated mates can soothe each other.

But as an enigma, I don't think that I have a fated mate. I like being more realistic.

I was already losing my mind when my subordinate reported to me that Gym, my beloved cousin had marked an omega as his first mate.

 My first instinct was to go there and give him a good thrashing. I don't think he realizes what kind of stupidity he has committed.

Keeping aside the matter that an enigma shouldn't mark an omega, did he even think about what would happen if his dad found out about the omega? Did he forget how much his dad loathes omegas?

Gym is my uncle's secret weapon. He would never want his enigma son to have an omega as a mate. He would never let an omega enter his family..

Once my uncle finds out about this marking, he is going to tear that omega apart. Not only that omega but also his whole pack. Just the way he shredded everyone from my Dad's beta and her pack.

He will not let a single being off from the pack once the news reaches his ears.

I have to talk some sense into him. Since he had carelessly marked an omega, I hope he can take on the responsibility of the omega and his pack's safety.

My men are unable to find his location. Some of the sources said that he was in the omega's pack a while ago. But suddenly went missing.

I found out so easily. It wouldn't be difficult for my uncle to find it out either if he wants to. So, I had my men create alibi for that asshole that he was travelling south. I hope that the alibi would at least buy us some time to settle things.

Currently, I am on the way to the Snow Moon Pack to meet the Great Sorceress. 

The omega that my cousin marked is from that pack. 

Honestly, I am a bit surprised to find that the omega he marked is also a guy. I mean, male omegas are rare and I met two of them, from the same pack, within a duration of one month.

The reason why I am going to meet the Great sorceress is that I want to inform her of the impending danger. I know I might be being nosy here, but I have no choice.

I can't let a whole pack of werewolves be killed just like that. I can't let the history repeat.

My cousin had never gone against his dad. He is completely oblivious to the fact that his dad is a cold-blooded asshole, who wouldn't mind killing someone if they come in between his plans. 

I just hope both the great sorceress and Gym will be willing to protect that omega.

I had already informed the alpha of the pack that I will be coming over to visit the great sorceress. He is waiting for me in front of the gate.

I get off my car and comes over running towards me. I wai at him. Even though he is just an alpha, he is elder than me. I have to respect him.

"I am really sorry, Khun Terk. I just found out that the Great sorceress has gone out of town. I was unable to contact her to inform her of your arrival." He apologizes. I can see fear in his eyes.

 Even though I am a little disappointed, I know that it is not the alpha's fault that something like this happened. "That's alright Khrab. I am not in a hurry. I can wait for her to come back."

His face relaxes instantly. He must have been scared that I would kick up a fuss here.

"Is there any hotel nearby where I can stay for the time being?" I ask.

"Of course, Khrab" The alpha says energetically. "There are a few hotels here. I will help you get the best room there."

"Thank you Khrab" I say politely. 

Just then, I get a whiff of a certain scent on the air. I glance at the direction of the scent. It is coming from a house that is not far from the great sorceress's house. I am intrigued.

"Is there a house near by that I can rent? I think that would be a better idea than staying at the hotel." I ask as I change my mind.

I need to keep an eye on the people in that house. 

"Sure, Khun Terk. Let me show you the way there" The alpha says in a way that is similar to those real estate agents who are trying to make a fortune out of his client.