Chapter Three

"Tell me where she is!" Dallas commanded to Ponyboy. "I don't know!" pony repeated. Dally pounded the wall with his fist. "well there is the note..." pony began. "what note?" Dally said sharply. Jaelyn picked up the note and Dally snatched it from her. He read slowly looking each word over once or twice. When he finished he looked up. "she's with him." he said quietly his face hardening. "I should of known those two were gonna run off together! After they kissed last night."  Dally said. "wait, what?" Jaelyn said standing up. "they kissed?" "yeah." Dally said sourly. "oh my gosh!" Jaelyn was so upset.  "that's what happened! That bitch!" she shouted. "Jaelyn, calm down." pony said softly, putting his hand on her shoulder. She shook it off. Dally nodded. "well now I know where she is..." Dally mumbled and walked out of the room. Leaving a furious Jaelyn to shout at Ponyboy.

"and then I'm always there for her and I thought she was always there for me but apparently not... Am I like over-reacting or something?" soda wondered aloud, Scarlette was too busy thinking about Dally to notice soda was talking to her. "Scarlette?" he said turning his head towards her then back at the road. "Huh yeah sorry, no I just don't think Jaelyn was trying to  ruin your guys' relationship, I know she loves you a lot." she noted remembering how sad Jaelyn was as she left the party. "Then why would she have done that to me, huh explain that." he inquired. "She's a caring person and she cares about Pony, because he's your brother. Therefor she tried to make him happy, definitely not in the right way... but she did." she indicated. "Hey where exactly are we going?" she wondered. "I'm glad you asked." he said with a smirk. "One of my favorite places... you'll see." They continued down the long dirt until they reached their destination.

"How could she do that to me!" Jaelyn shrieked as she lie on the couch, Pony sat beside her rubbing her back as she cried. "Jae, your gonna be alright." You could hear a bit of annoyance in his voice now. "Ok, why don't we do something that takes your mind off him." he turned the television on and kissed her on the cheek, she smiled slightly then ignored the tv and kept thinking about Soda. She wondered if he wanted her back or not after the way she'd acted.They were lying on the couch together then someone began to knock on the door. "Were you expecting someone?" she asked confused. "Hello? Now why is this door locked?" Darry said as he banged on the door. "Aw shit! Darry's gonna kill me for having you here without a hood excuse." Pony yelled. "Quick, go hide!" he exclaimed. "Where?" she said in a panic. "Just somewhere, shit."

Jaelyn dashed into the hallway and found a closet and slid inside. In the other room she could hear Darry saying "hey Ponyboy! Why was the door locked?" Pony responded with a quick lie "oh sorry, soda must have locked it on his way to work..." then Jaelyn heard a women's voice she didn't recognize. "hello Ponyboy, nice to see you again!" "you too Ana." Pony said. Ana must be Darry's financé Jaelyn thought, remembering Soda mentioning her  "so how have you been Pony?" Darry asked. "umm, ok. Things have been a little dramatic." Pony said. "so how's Soda been doing?" Darry asked. Setting his luggage down and offering Ana a chair. "ahhh, good, he's been doing good." Pony said quickly. "and the rest of the guys?" Darry continued to ask. "how bout Dallas? Is he staying out of trouble?" "ya he's staying out of trouble with the police, but not with his girlfriend." Pony said. "what do you mean?" Darry  asked. "I mean he broke up with Scarlette and she kicked him out and told him it was her house." Pony said. "oh that's too bad to hear." Ana said sincerely. "yeah, he's doing ok I think." pony said.  "well, we were just stopping by, to see you guys. we have to go on our way." Darry said standing up.

"Ummm ok..." Pony said. "I just gotta put this luggage away..." Darry began and Jaelyn heard foot steps coming closer to the closet. She froze in panic just as the door slid open.