My anger cannot be expressed in words as I watch that bastard reach across the table to take Hannah's hand in his. Red clouds my vision as I see her tense, but she makes no move to pull away from his intimate gesture.

"Hannah!" I bellow, storming over and causing a scene, but I don't care who sees.

She parts her lips to speak, but I don't give her a chance, grabbing her arm and dragging her away. I know things haven't been great between us, but it's not enough for her to fucking cheat on me.

Once in my room, I release her, my body practically vibrating with hurt and rage. "How could you?" I spit out, rounding on her with accusation blazing in my eyes.

Hannah's own temper flares as she barks back, "How could I what?"

"How could you fucking cheat on me?" I roar, incredulous that she would play dumb after I caught her red-handed.

"That's rich coming from you," she scoffs, sarcasm and venom lacing her tone.

I recoil as if struck. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Really? I should have to tell you what I mean by that statement?" She is seething now, her anger simmering just beneath the surface, threatening to boil over.

"Hannah, what the fuck are you talking about?" I demand, my brows furrowed in bewilderment.

"I'm talking about how you got back with Alice and think you can still have me, too!" She explodes, tears shining in her eyes.

My stomach drops at her accusation. "Got back with who? Alice? No, I didn't get back with her. Why would you think that?"

"Because I saw you, and don't you dare fucking deny it!" She is crying in earnest now, anguish written across her features.

"You saw me? Doing what?" I ask carefully, needing to understand the depth of her misunderstanding. Despite the charade of playing Alice's boyfriend, I had been careful to ensure that my actions never crossed any lines. Our outings were as platonic as could be, akin to spending time with a sister rather than a romantic partner. Therefore, even if Hannah had witnessed us together, there shouldn't have been anything to provoke the intense anger she currently harbors.

"Letting her kiss you," she chokes out, her voice thick with raw emotion as tears stream down her face.

"I never let Alice kiss me, Hannah," I state firmly, shaking my head in denial.

"Maybe not kiss you, but peck you on the cheek," she amends, swiping angrily at her tears before turning away from me.

And there it is - the crux of this disastrous situation. She has witnessed that single, meaningless moment and assumed the worst about my intentions, about my commitment to her. Guilt washes over me as I realize how badly I have misjudged things, how carelessly I have disregarded her feelings.

Without a second thought, I close the distance between us and pull her into my arms. She stiffens initially but then melts against me as the dam breaks, and her tears fall in great, heaving sobs.

"I'm tired, Alex. I'm so tired of this back and forth. I truly am," she cries brokenly against my chest.

My heart clenches at the utter defeat in her voice. "I'm so sorry," I murmur into her hair, tightening my embrace. "I shouldn't have let Alice peck my cheek. I didn't think it was a big deal, and I'm sorry for that. Please forgive me."

I pull back slightly, needing her to see the sincerity in my eyes as I cup her face in my palms. "I swear to you, I never got back with Alice. I am yours and yours alone."

But Hannah's expression remains guarded, and my words do not have the desired effect. "No problem, I understand," she says woodenly, extracting herself from my reach. "If that's all, I would like to head back to my room."

I open my mouth to protest, to beg her to stay so we can talk this through properly. But one look at her shuttered expression tells me she needs space, that pushing her now will only drive her further away.

"Sure, see you later," I acquiesce reluctantly, stepping aside to let her pass.

Hannah reaches for the door handle but pauses, her back still turned to me. "Don't worry, Alex. I wouldn't do anything that would violate the contract."

The words hang heavy in the air, their implication like a lead weight settling in my gut. With those parting words, she is gone, leaving me alone with the sinking realization that for every step we take forward, we somehow end up ten steps back.

I sink onto the edge of the bed, dropping my head into my hands as I release a weary sigh. How have things become such a mess between us? It seems like I keep failing her at every turn. Pushing her away with my thoughtless actions, no matter how unintentional.

Frustration and self-loathing burn in my chest as I pinch the bridge of my nose, struggling to rein in the torrent of emotions swirling within me. I can't keep doing this - can't keep hurting Hannah like this. Somehow, some way, I have to find a way to break this vicious cycle before it destroys us completely.

I will give Hannah the space she needs for now. But I won't give up on us, on the beautiful future I know we can have if we can just overcome this latest hurdle. She is my mate, my future Luna, and I will do whatever it takes to heal the fractures in our relationship.