10

"I thought you were against contacting colony 3 because you said we shouldn't worry about that. But now you want to check there in person?"

To be gone for six days means a lot of shit happened and I'm dying to find out.

"I still think that." Levi pointed out. "However, Erwin is getting restless every single day. It's like he knows something is wrong but refuses to say it out loud. Also, Yelena came to talk to him about their request. Colony 3 got mentioned in the conversation again. So we have no choice."

If it was possible, Levi looked worse than I remembered. He looked thinner and I can't imagine the stress he must be dealing with. But underneath all that, he still looks quite handsome.

"Two presidents are now pushing for us to make a visit and see what's going on." Levi added. "I fucking hope something is wrong because if I arrive there and everything is fine, I might just open fire."

I gasped at what he said. "That's not funny, sir."

He raised his brows. "And you think getting everybody riled up because of their unnecessary silence is funny? I have a fucking shit ton to do but I have to go outside the colony and check on them?"

"What happened while I was gone?" I slightly bounced on my heels, nervous that I might hear something I won't like.

At my question, Levi groaned. That was not a good sign. It means he's irritated, which also means that bad news was about to be delivered in my way.

"A lot, so I'll make the long story short. The Jaegers don't recognize Fay Jaeger. She got tested by Hange and it came back clean too—she's not infected. Owen Wagner denied all the allegations against him and we don't have sufficient evidence, seeing you're completely fine, we can't keep him here."

Levi talked fast and my ears and brain tried to keep up and register everything that he was saying. His report was short but I have so many questions with every sentence.

"Wait." I said. "Petra, get me some water."

Levi gave me an amused look at my request. Petra, being the sweet girl that she is, seemed happy to comply. She happily dropped her book to get my water.

I bit my lip, taking the time of waiting for my water and used it to think about what Levi told me. I sat there, biting my lip as I submerged myself deep in thoughts.

"Here you go, Captain." Petra placed a glass of water beside me on the desk. "It's cold and I squeezed a little lemon in it for you."

I took the water without a word, gripping the glass hard which made my knuckles turn white. I cannot think clearly when Petra insists on making her presence known. She really had to put lemon in water, god what a people pleaser.

She stood there, expecting me to make a comment but I motioned for her to leave with my hand. Her smile faltered a bit but at least she went back to her book on the couch.

If Levi noticed my disdain towards Petra, he didn't make any comments about it. He more likely acted as if I didn't disrespect his assistant.

"So, you let Owen Wagner go?" I clicked my tongue. I was not happy with this particular news. I suffered in isolation because of him and now he's a free man.

"I'm not happy with it either but there's nothing we can do." Levi mirrored my frown. "And yes, Fay Jaeger is not infected with anything. She's still locked in the glass cell while Erwin and the vice president are debating on what to do with her."

"The vice president? Nile Dok?" I asked, I never liked the guy. "What are they debating on?"

"Death penalty." Levi confirmed what I was thinking.