𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧...

Mulai dari awal

In the crucible of war, there was only one imperative... saving lives and defending their nation. By aiding their allies in bringing this conflict to its conclusion where it began, they could diminish the prospects of a future invasion upon the United States of America. It was a mission of unparalleled gravity, one that demanded unwavering resolve and unconditional mental sacrifices to ensure the safety and security of their homeland. Such was the immutable truth acknowledged by all, an undeniable reality that had persisted throughout time and would endure into the future. "So why can't these morons just surrender their egos?!" 

"Major l/n?" Spoke a voice, quivering with mild concern. "Oh- hello, Linda..." Sighed the girl awkwardly, her realization dawning as she found herself unintentionally vocalizing her inner musings, caught in the act of speaking to herself. "Is everything okay?" Asked the nurse timidly, approaching the body. "Ye-yeah, everything's fine. Just wanted to say goodbye." She replied, staring blankly at the fallen soldier. "Hell of a mission, huh?" Linda mumbled calmly, having an idea what the girl must be going through, for she had dealt with similar experiences. "Don't beat yourself up for it." She cooed, cleaning up after the body.

"Are they all like that? Rookies?" Questioned y/n bluntly, hoping she'd have better luck with the remaining of the 100th. "Just the ones with poor upbringing." She snapped, well aware of the downsides of being a woman in such a field. "If you're wondering what to tell your guys — don't say anything." Advised the ginger. "They'll figure it out eventually... They all do." She murmured, excusing herself to give the Major some more time to process the first death that occurred on a mission led by her. It nearly shattered her confidence. One failure, one mission; a relentless assault on her spirit, leaving her anxious and bereft.

John Egan, on the other hand, couldn't care less about the deceased. With all the experience a man could amass, he had become immune to such pain. So here he was instead, driving his jeep to the base; anticipating the reunion with his best friend after three agonizingly long weeks apart, excitement surged within him, eager to reconnect after enduring the vast expanse of time and space. He was worried for the girl, especially after hearing that the observation mission was anything but observational. Ambushed by the Krauts they were, the guns all jammed. He wanted to check up on her, but he was a few hours too late, and hungover too.

Last night was a rough one, but he was proud of his achievement nevertheless. He had won not one, but four bikes due to his unwavering faith in Tommy, a lad with great aim. One he gave to y/n, which she rode to the base before hopping into her plane. The other was a gift for Tommy, for it's the least he could do to thank the man for not blinding him the previous night. One he kept for himself, and the last he had saved for his faithful comrade — Major Gale Cleven. "Hey, Morris! Thanks for the bikes, mate-" He cried after the grumpy old man, who had to carry the planks all the way to Abbotts, rather than just using his bike. "I'll get ya next time."

As if on cue, the 7 crews began landing by the time the Air Exec had arrived; the first one being Cleven's, deboarded by a husky. "Demarco!" Called the raven, excited to see his friends. "Hey, Major!" Grinned the brunette, marching up to his pal with the dog by his side. "Where'd you get that dog, Benny?" Inquired the amused Major. "I won him at craps." Demarco replied, the husky contently wagging his tail. "You took this baby above 10,000 feet?" Chuckled the raven, ruffling his coat. "He's got a mask. It cost me three bucks, but boy- he loves to fly." Informed the brunette. "He wouldn't stop howling." Chimed in the familiar blonde.

"That's because he's part wolf!" Benny defended. "That wolf's part dog." Shrugged the Major, removing his shades, taking in a deep breath. "Got a name?" Bucky asked. "Meatball." Replied the two. "Welcome to the 100th, Meatball. Ducky's gonna love ya, chum." Chuckled the man, welcoming their pet, as Demarco led him to the lunchroom to settle. "You miss me?" Bucky then turned to his friend. "Like a stone in my shoe." Grinned Buck, shaking his hand. "How've you been getting on?" He asked his hungover friend. "Uh, half out equipment's yet to show up. Had to borrow masks and parachutes from the Brits." Informed the raven.