Chapter 101: Hira'a's Hurrahs

Start bij het begin

Chiara's eyes sparkled. "And you were every bit a mother to me."

Ursa hugged her. "And now even more so. I'm so happy for you and Zuko." She gently touched her cheek. "And you haven't changed a bit," she softly laughed. "You always did enjoy helping everyone."

Chiara picked up one of the yellow dragon fruits and began cutting it as they made breakfast together.

"Zuko was telling me you can firebend," said Ursa.

"Yes. The Fire Lord's been asking around, but no one's been able to figure it out." She looked at her mother-in-law. "I suppose you couldn't firebend when you were pregnant with Prince Zuko and Azula?"

Ursa gave her a smile. "No. But I didn't try either." Her eyes dropped down. "I don't even want to imagine how Ozai would have taken to a non-bender practicing with him." She pushed the thought from her head and found a sweeter one to dwell on. "I still remember the day you and Zuko met," she gently laughed. "He was trying to teach you how to firebend."

Chiara giggled at the same memory. "And to think he really did teach me how to firebend."

"Princess!"

She glanced down to see Kiyi wrapped around her. She knelt down and hugged her.

"Good morning, Lady Kiyi."

"I'm glad you and the prince are still here." She gazed at Chiara with her big brown eyes. "Are you going to stay here forever?"

Chiara chuckled and looked up at Ursa unsure of what to tell her little sister-in-law.

"Oh, honey...," said her mother as she knelt down next to them. "...we're going to go with them to the Capital."

Kiyi backed away from Ursa and clung tightly to Chiara.

"It's okay, Lady Kiyi," said Chiara. "This really is your mother."

"She doesn't look like Mommy." Her voice was muffled as she hid her face against Chiara's neck.

"But it's still me, Kiyi," said Ursa.

Chiara gave the girl comforting caresses on her back. "A great spirit changed her face back to what it once was."

"That's what Daddy said." She was still pressed against the princess. "He said a bad man was after Mommy and she had to change her face."

"That's right, sweetheart," said Ursa.

"But I miss your real face."

"This is what your mother really looks like," said Chiara still rubbing her back.

"And I know you don't recognize me like this, Kiyi, but Zuko does because I'm his mother too."

Kiyi, still pressed against Chiara, peeked out at her mother. "You're the prince's mommy?"

Chiara smiled. "She is, which makes Prince Zuko your big brother."

The excitement in the girl's face made Chiara giggle.

"And Princess Azula is your big sister too."

"I have a big brother and sister," she said, her voice filled with awe. "Does that mean you're my sister too?"

Chiara let out a soft laugh. "In a way, yes."

Kiyi wrapped her arms around her neck and hugged her tightly. "I'm glad you're my sister." She let her go. "I have to go see my big brother now."

She sped out of the kitchen.

"She really adores you and Zuko," said Ursa.

Chiara looked at her. "Knowing he's her brother might help her adjust to the change."